Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stuffystuffs
11.21.2012 , 08:54 AM | #3201
Do not feed the troll.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
Sooo, I just had a thought - Since Gabe said it's 'just a case of getting it on the schedule" - what's to stop them adding SGRAs in 1.6 instead of waiting for Makeb?
It's possible but I still think it will come with other story-centric content.
Node guarder

ImperialSun
11.21.2012 , 08:54 AM | #3202
Sooo, I just had a thought - Since Gabe said it's 'just a case of getting it on the schedule" - what's to stop them adding SGRAs in 1.6 instead of waiting for Makeb?

If it's just a scheduling issue, then that suggests the content is done and waiting.

Not that I'll get my hopes up, but it's certainly a possibility. (Plus I'm having a crappy day so anything to brighten the mood ehehe)
I play on the PTS (just made my JK there, it's been a pain holding off on this character, but at least on the PTS I know it's just a trial run of her), so trust me, if anything changes I'll let you know
But "just a case of getting it on the schedule" could mean the planning schedule, the design and discussion schedule etc. It does not mean the release schedule....which is the point you all seem to conveniently ignore when claiming this feature is a done deal....

I personally think you will be waiting a long time for it, as whether you like it or not, whether you agree or not, there are other things that deserve a higher priority that would benefit more than just the SGR community going on in the game right now.

The entire landscape of the game has shifted dramatically since the comments made by DE and SR months ago...

Driz

natashina
11.21.2012 , 08:56 AM | #3203
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
It's possible but I still think it will come with other story-centric content.
I think that's the only way it would make sense at this point. Still, thanks for the spots of hope before I leave town.

Palar
11.21.2012 , 09:14 AM | #3204
Maybe it's just that I finished school a long time ago, but is the word "clarification" really so hard to understand for people now?

Hint - it means "to clear of confusion or uncertainty". They can make it an uphill struggle as much as they want, the questions are still gonna be there.

Lent_San
11.21.2012 , 09:35 AM | #3205
If it's just a scheduling issue, then that suggests the content is done and waiting.
Seriously, my current feelings on this?

My guess is they started writing the content as announced but it got deprioritized. With EA having their hands on the budget which includes reducing costs after they made less money than they hoped at first, staff reductions and all, they may even have stopped working on it for a while, hence postponing it. Now that the franchise has been bought by Disney, the issue may even be postponed for longer. I sincerely hope it's not off the table forever, but of course we don't know.

I would think they still want to implement it, they have been working on it after all, it's just that the timeframe for it may be unclear, hence the "no-info" policy from all official sources.

MoogleNut
11.21.2012 , 09:49 AM | #3206
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Seriously, my current feelings on this?

My guess is they started writing the content as announced but it got deprioritized. With EA having their hands on the budget which includes reducing costs after they made less money than they hoped at first, staff reductions and all, they may even have stopped working on it for a while, hence postponing it. Now that the franchise has been bought by Disney, the issue may even be postponed for longer. I sincerely hope it's not off the table forever, but of course we don't know.

I would think they still want to implement it, they have been working on it after all, it's just that the timeframe for it may be unclear, hence the "no-info" policy from all official sources.
The content being postponed would be fine - as long as they told us that. If they can take time to tell people why hood toggle's are delayed, there's really no valid excuse not to tell us that SGRAs have been postponed.
It's a good thing I'm having so much fun with my Sith Assassin at the moment, and my practice JK is on the PTs ready to see what's happening (or not).

It's the constant silence that's causing all the problems - the sooner they tell us something, even if it is a 'sorry it's going to be a while longer yet', the sooner we all can take a step back and relax

Lent_San
11.21.2012 , 10:00 AM | #3207
It's the constant silence that's causing all the problems - the sooner they tell us something, even if it is a 'sorry it's going to be a while longer yet', the sooner we all can take a step back and relax
Yeah, I totally agree. I remember the effort they made with the ME3 new ending DLC, in my humble opinion going out of their way to please a certain part of the ME community that didn't really deserve that much attention in hindsight, considering how childish some of them behaved. But they got what they wanted, good for them. Bioware really tried to please anyone and everyone there.

If they gave us at least 5% of that attention, I'd be happy. But since they won't, I guess we'll have to keep on nagging.

stuffystuffs
11.21.2012 , 10:14 AM | #3208
I think they are behind schedule in general.
Node guarder

Lent_San
11.21.2012 , 10:29 AM | #3209
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I think they are behind schedule in general.
That definitely seems to be the case, so that's another thing which makes me hopeful SGRAs are just late, but still in the works.

stuffystuffs
11.21.2012 , 10:54 AM | #3210
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
That definitely seems to be the case, so that's another thing which makes me hopeful SGRAs are just late, but still in the works.
There's no reason to believe that's not the case.

I think some SGRA naysayers hope that the end of this year is some magical cutoff for the possibility of adding SGRA's and if they don't drop by then, they will never ever be added!

The new WZ is late.

The Cathar race was hinted for this year. So was Makeb. I think even HK was later than was earlier expected. They've stated that the F2P feature didn't mess with their other release schedules but I doubt that's the case (though, it probably will only affect it by a few months).
Node guarder