Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Dark Council members in the future

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
New Dark Council members in the future

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.20.2012 , 03:37 PM | #1
Right now, according to the TOR Encyclopedia and the game. These council members are still alive.

Sphere of Ancient Knowledge: Darth Nox
Sphere of Defense of the Empire: Darth Marr
Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy: Darth Ravage
Sphere of Imperial Intelligence: Darth Jadus/Zhorrid
Sphere of Laws and Justice: Darth Mortis
Sphere of Mysteries: Darth Rectis
Sphere of Production and Logistics: Darth Vowrawn
Sphere of Sith Philosophy: Darth Aruk



Sphere of Technology : Former Councilor-Darth Mehkis- Darth Hadra-Darth Karrid

Gravus was a good choice but
Spoiler
. Actually nobody fit better than Mehkis.

Sphere of Military Offense: Former Councilor-Darth Vengen-Darth Baras-possibly Darth Arho

I guess Darth Tormen is perfect for this sphere, he's a bit overly ruthless but is also very tough.


Sphere of Military Strategy: Former Councilor Darth Decimus.

I guess Darth Charnus will mostly succeed on this sphere.

Sphere of Biotic Science: Former Councilor Darth Acharon

Maybe Darth Viktus?

Varium's Avatar


Varium
11.21.2012 , 05:06 AM | #2
Sorry but Tormen can't be since BH can
Spoiler
50 V Legacy

Chaloss's Avatar


Chaloss
11.21.2012 , 05:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Right now, according to the TOR Encyclopedia and the game. These council members are still alive.

Sphere of Ancient Knowledge: Darth Nox
Sphere of Defense of the Empire: Darth Marr
Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy: Darth Ravage
Sphere of Imperial Intelligence: Darth Jadus/Zhorrid
Sphere of Laws and Justice: Darth Mortis
Sphere of Mysteries: Darth Rectis
Sphere of Production and Logistics: Darth Vowrawn
Sphere of Sith Philosophy: Darth Aruk



Sphere of Technology : Former Councilor-Darth Mehkis- Darth Hadra-Darth Karrid

Gravus was a good choice but
Spoiler
. Actually nobody fit better than Mehkis.

Sphere of Military Offense: Former Councilor-Darth Vengen-Darth Baras-possibly Darth Arho

I guess Darth Tormen is perfect for this sphere, he's a bit overly ruthless but is also very tough.


Sphere of Military Strategy: Former Councilor Darth Decimus.

I guess Darth Charnus will mostly succeed on this sphere.

Sphere of Biotic Science: Former Councilor Darth Acharon

Maybe Darth Viktus?
It is becoming my pet peeve to see people automatically assuming Darth Nox, it is not.

Also Gravus would been great choice for Military Strategy or Offense instead of Technology based on his appearance, but yeah.

One thing I have thought about - is it possible for apprentice of another member to become member themselves while master still on it?

Trinos's Avatar


Trinos
11.21.2012 , 05:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Varium View Post
Sorry but Tormen can't be since BH can
Spoiler
I would not be suprised if Tormen is going to be alive since bioware has already canonized some of the events in the game. My personal opinion if you don't capture/kill the chancellor your a wish washy bounty hunter you don't turn off a contract if a target goes pwease don't kill/capture me.

Plus this is from darth marr page from wookiepedia and it was recently updated with swtor encyclopedia information. Its wookiepedia so it could be taken with a grain of salt but as I said darth marr page was updated with the release of swtor encyclopedia. (I need that book since I want to check this part up if anyone has the encyclopedia can you please check this part I linked from wookiepedia to see if its true?)

Around 3,641 BBY,[17] Darth Marr was presented with the body of Supreme Chancellor Dorian Janarus by Darth Tormen during a special session of the Council, as Tormen's bounty hunter had assassinated the Chancellor aboard his personal cruiser Founder during the Battle of Corellia. Marr was pleased with Tormen's work, and expressed an interest in hiring the bounty hunter if the need arose later on. Marr's support infuriated his fellow Dark Councilor Darth Decimus, whose Sphere of Military Strategy had planned the Imperial invasion of Corellia and who was personally overseeing the battle.

Girdeux's Avatar


Girdeux
11.21.2012 , 09:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Trinos View Post
I would not be suprised if Tormen is going to be alive since bioware has already canonized some of the events in the game. My personal opinion if you don't capture/kill the chancellor your a wish washy bounty hunter you don't turn off a contract if a target goes pwease don't kill/capture me.

Plus this is from darth marr page from wookiepedia and it was recently updated with swtor encyclopedia information. Its wookiepedia so it could be taken with a grain of salt but as I said darth marr page was updated with the release of swtor encyclopedia. (I need that book since I want to check this part up if anyone has the encyclopedia can you please check this part I linked from wookiepedia to see if its true?)

Around 3,641 BBY,[17] Darth Marr was presented with the body of Supreme Chancellor Dorian Janarus by Darth Tormen during a special session of the Council, as Tormen's bounty hunter had assassinated the Chancellor aboard his personal cruiser Founder during the Battle of Corellia. Marr was pleased with Tormen's work, and expressed an interest in hiring the bounty hunter if the need arose later on. Marr's support infuriated his fellow Dark Councilor Darth Decimus, whose Sphere of Military Strategy had planned the Imperial invasion of Corellia and who was personally overseeing the battle.
That was never in the encyclopedia book. Whoever put that in is just assuming the BH DS ending is canon, which we dont know yet. The reference to that quote leads to the email you get from Tormen.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 10:49 AM | #6
The "LS" end does not make sense to me.

Why would you risk yourself to kill a Sith for someone who made you the top wanted of the republic? Darth Tormen is cruel but he didn't harm the BH. It didn't fit the BH character even if you go full lightside.

lokdron's Avatar


lokdron
11.21.2012 , 11:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The "LS" end does not make sense to me.

Why would you risk yourself to kill a Sith for someone who made you the top wanted of the republic? Darth Tormen is cruel but he didn't harm the BH. It didn't fit the BH character even if you go full lightside.
I agree its the reason why my BH was only DS rank 3 by the end if you go pure light side your a wish washy bounty hunter imo. If its pure dark its a bit psychotic at times but your not wish washy a bit of a loose cannon yes but you don't spare targets just because they say pwease don't kill/capture me and give you a sob story as Trinos said.

Plus it was the republic that made me the most wanted I would not stick my neck out for them plus to the republic your still a criminal he just removed the most wanted. Plus I personally felt it eneded better with the capture/death of the chancellor. Tormen gave me a contract and I done it. As my BH said "pleasure working with you tormen, but do remember to send an offer its a business after all." Gault gave me lots of approval.

Being a BH is a "dark" profession in the star wars universe imo.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 11:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
I agree its the reason why my BH was only DS rank 3 by the end if you go pure light side your a wish washy bounty hunter imo. If its pure dark its a bit psychotic at times but your not wish washy a bit of a loose cannon yes but you don't spare targets just because they say pwease don't kill/capture me and give you a sob story as Trinos said.

Plus it was the republic that made me the most wanted I would not stick my neck out for them plus to the republic your still a criminal he just removed the most wanted. Plus I personally felt it eneded better with the capture/death of the chancellor. Tormen gave me a contract and I done it. As my BH said "pleasure working with you tormen, but do remember to send an offer its a business after all." Gault gave me lots of approval.

Being a BH is a "dark" profession in the star wars universe imo.
My BH is mostly light side and it's ok as long as you pick some dark side choices when the LS choice is too stupid, that includes the end.

lokdron's Avatar


lokdron
11.21.2012 , 11:22 AM | #9
Fair enough slow but for me personally some of the light option I am like *raise eyebrow* its the reason why I take gault over mako because mako see's the BH and mando's through rose/beer tinted goggles. BTW i rejected mandalore.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 11:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Right now, according to the TOR Encyclopedia and the game. These council members are still alive.
Sphere of Mysteries: Darth Rectis
You may want to correct this to 'Rictus' - this sounds a bit rude

As for Darth Tormen, I doubt it. Seeing as we had the option to kill him, and it has not be confirmed that is canonically alive, it is unlikely he will appear. If he were to become a Dark Council member, it would have to be outside of the game. For if the BH encountered him again, he'd be like 'hey I killed you!'.

As for Darth Viktus, again unlikely. While I can't be sure he doesn't seem to much of an important character, just a sith lord you meet on Alderaan - he also doesn't seem to have anything to do with Biotic Science, more like Expansion and Diplomacy. Most likely we'll be seeing a brand new Sith, like Rictus or Aruk.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
It is becoming my pet peeve to see people automatically assuming Darth Nox, it is not.
Lol, you can't just make a statement and then not back it up with a point What exactly do you mean here, are you talking about his name? If you are then I afraid this is likely to become canon, after all dark side is the most canonically accurate. And most people can't be bothered to put Occulus/Imperius after it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
One thing I have thought about - is it possible for apprentice of another member to become member themselves while master still on it?
I would say no. Why do you ask?