Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ep 7 should just skip ahead to Yuuzhan Vong invasion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ep 7 should just skip ahead to Yuuzhan Vong invasion

GnatB
11.20.2012 , 12:14 PM | #11
My understanding was that Lucas did have quite a say in what happened in the EU, and it was he that decided to kill off Anakin, so my money is that while things in the EU didn't go quite the way he would have done it, the general direction of EU is "correct".

Anyways, my expectation is that the new trilogy will be after the current books, i.e. ~40 years after Return.

So no Vong, No Mara, No Jacen. Main characters probably Jaina, possibly Ben, Possibly Allana. (think that's Jacen's daughters name?)

Master-Nala
11.20.2012 , 12:33 PM | #12
I still maintain that Disney will not constrain themselves with the EU. The Marvel Universe stuff will be a template. Episode 7 will probably be completely original.

Darth_Urtani
11.20.2012 , 09:25 PM | #13
NOOOOoooooOOOOOOO- Darth Vader

The Yuuzhan Vong are so lame. Most of the stuff in the EU is lame. We need something new and exciting.
CE VIP

Castiel
12.11.2012 , 03:32 AM | #14
I fink it should be bout darf vadurs rife to power !

Jediaidertwo
12.11.2012 , 04:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Nuff said. Thrawn isn't epic enough, Dark Empire's ressurection of Palpatine is lame. Seeing as how Disney handled the whole alien invasion thing in Avenegrs I think this would make it epic.
OK THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFENCE QUOTED ABOVE, THRAWN IS THE DEFENITION OF EPIC. However i agree that the Vong invasion would also be (almost) as epic as a Blue skinned art lover who kicks the galactic power in the face (metaphor for those who are looking for something to troll about). "Nuff said"
Shyran: lvl 50 ShadowShyrin :lvl 50 Sentinel
Thras: lvl 30 Commando Buff'me: lvl 18 Scoundrel
Shy'rin: lvl 50 Powertech Jub-Jub: lvl 23 Assasin
Shy'ran: lvl 15 JuggernaughtThrrawn: lvl 46 Sniper

SoranPanoko
12.11.2012 , 02:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
My understanding was that Lucas did have quite a say in what happened in the EU, and it was he that decided to kill off Anakin, so my money is that while things in the EU didn't go quite the way he would have done it, the general direction of EU is "correct".

Anyways, my expectation is that the new trilogy will be after the current books, i.e. ~40 years after Return.

So no Vong, No Mara, No Jacen. Main characters probably Jaina, possibly Ben, Possibly Allana. (think that's Jacen's daughters name?)
Lucas Ignored the EU in the PT so why he shouldn't do it in a ST ?
Also they will never use the EU as base for a new Movie. there are to much things for someone, who never read 1 book from the EU. There are so much things, which a newbi wouldn't understand, like what to hell is a Vong, why there is a good empire, why is there everything so completly differed?

The easiest thing for a newbi would be in the time betwen OT and ST is nothing realy importend happend. There is a new Republic and all was happy until whatever hapen what ever happen in the new Trillogie.

There arent enough people that you can make 3 big movie only for ppl who had rad all books.

BoneBender
12.11.2012 , 08:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Personally I hope vong get retconned out of existence.
The Vong should never have been approved as canon for the EU to begin with.
BoneBender TrampleMan, G/L Defenders of The Faith, Avid Seal Clubber