Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Improved class

arodriguezc
11.20.2012 , 01:45 PM | #1
Hi, I am new to the game and I need to select the improve class. I am leaning toward sorc because I really enjoy healing instances but in my experience (mainly wow) healers are not very good for leveling (lack of attack options).

Can you respecc if you choose an advance class? or is there a dual talent spec? so I can go from soloing to instance healing? also how is the healing done in SWTOR? in WOW you just stand in the back and play whack-a-mole on your party, is it the same thing?

thank you for the help.

verfallen
11.20.2012 , 02:26 PM | #2
If you are a subcriber you can respec for free. And should you invest 200k in the legacy perk (or cartel coins) you can do it on the spot. I once switched role IN an HM FP after the healer dropped out since we figured GF would find a dps faster than an healer.

Also due to companion system, healers have no issue going through PvE. Corruption (heal) sorc are a bit slower at it, but keeping a dps companion help, and thrash fall easily to force storm after level 34.

And yes, healer normally stay with the ranged, and heal from 25ish meter to give the tank some moving space.

OlosBC
11.20.2012 , 02:30 PM | #3
Sorcs have 2 DPS trees and a healing tree. Assassins have 2 DPS trees and a tank tree. If you are a subscriber you can rwspec between those trees for free at will, though you are stuck with the advanced class choice once you make it.

Sorc if you want to ranged DPS or heal, assassin if you want to melee DPS or tank. Both are perfectly fine for leveling.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

arodriguezc
11.20.2012 , 02:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Sorcs have 2 DPS trees and a healing tree. Assassins have 2 DPS trees and a tank tree. If you are a subscriber you can rwspec between those trees for free at will, though you are stuck with the advanced class choice once you make it.

Sorc if you want to ranged DPS or heal, assassin if you want to melee DPS or tank. Both are perfectly fine for leveling.
Thank you for the help, I am a subscriber so if I choose sorc I can spec from the different trees but what if I notice that I would prefer to tank/melee dps? can I respect or it is too late for that?

verfallen
11.20.2012 , 03:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by arodriguezc View Post
Thank you for the help, I am a subscriber so if I choose sorc I can spec from the different trees but what if I notice that I would prefer to tank/melee dps? can I respect or it is too late for that?

No, advanced class are permanent.

Also to note its easier to swap from dps to healing than from DPS to tanking, since the latter one requieres totally different stats. My main is a sin-tank, but if I go in an instance/ops thinking I'll have to swap to dps for a fight, I need to bring a dps set with me.

Dps to heal use about the same stats, minus end-game set bonus, and not exactly the same alacrity/surge ratio. (mostly madness/hybrid -> corruption switch, lightning needs about the same stats)

I personnaly just got both up

arodriguezc
11.20.2012 , 03:34 PM | #6
Oh cool! I will go for the range dps/healing then... I will miss melee and using the lightsaber though.

I am still trying to get my head around stats since I am used to Stamina, Strength, Agility, Intelligence and Spirit.