Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Player Housing?

Eillack
11.19.2012 , 10:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rynlath View Post
Don't know if this has been post or recommended but I think it'd be cool to be able to purchase your own player compound where you can have soldiers, apprentices, etc and have other players come and can hold guild meetings and such. Or if can't be for individual players perhaps guild halls/ships something of the that line. What do you think?
During initial concepts and early Beta players where going to have instanced appartments on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. But it didn''t make the cut and the ships became our homes.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

legolegion
11.19.2012 , 10:21 AM | #12
yes as long as does not go the way of starwars galaxyies where you run into random cities

-Silver-
11.19.2012 , 10:36 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
Yeah make them so expensive that only people like you who have nothing else to do but play the game can afford the time to get credits to buy it. Love players who want to keep certain items only to themselves.

No make housing and customizing accessible to everyone.
No, just expensive enough that it becomes an end-game market - because we really need something to do at end-game. Making it cheap enough for lower level characters would mean it becomes easy to buy and fit out your ideal ship at 50, leading to: "Well... that's my ship done. What now?"

And large guild ships should definitely be expensive, so that guilds genuinely have to pool their credits to afford one. The best guild ships should be so expensive that they are status symbols for the best guilds.

I'm not in a big guild - I'm in a casual guild. I'm a casual player. I'm just smart enough to recognize that you have to provide content for the core playerbase as well as the casuals. The storylines are perfect for players like me that love playing for an hour or two in the evenings, and longer on the weekends. But for players who dedicate significant amounts of time to the game... well they really don't have much other than the same Ops runs again and again, or playing their 1000th game of Huttball. They need something more substantial, that gives them a goal to work towards. Saving up for and customizing the best ships would be a great start.

legolegion
11.19.2012 , 11:03 AM | #14
Guild forts but they can be attacked by other guilds on pvp servers

Epix
11.19.2012 , 08:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
yes as long as does not go the way of starwars galaxyies where you run into random cities
Why not? Player driven and created cities made that game great and built community. It gave a lot of people a reason to play.

More personalized ships would be great but how many other people would actually see them? I think player cities and housing would make a bigger impact overall.

Radzkie
11.19.2012 , 09:09 PM | #16
I want to make my ship sexy.

No but for serious I'd like to be able to personalize things like my ship or be able to buy a house or apartment. If none of those than how about houses for guilds at least? It could be the new credit sink.

Rocksors
11.19.2012 , 09:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SavageOpress View Post
Yeah that would be awesome!

Things that also would be awesome to add to the space:
  1. Free space so you can just fly around.
  2. Kill ships of the opposite faction (PvP).
  3. Multiple cannons that can be controlled by other players so you can do group missions or something like that.
  4. Fully customizable, so you can change furniture and that kind of stuff so every ship is different and that makes it unique.
  5. Huge guild ships.

All these things could be really expensive so that would be a new great money sink that will almost last forever. And off course people can show off ^^ posting pictures of their ships on the forums.
Please let htis happen. If you really wanted to go all out you could add daily quests as part of the ships, general maintainance stuff (not forced to do them in anyway though or people will cry). Seriously, shut up and take my money if you do this.
Do Not Write Below This Line

*** OFFICE USE ONLY ***

yandars
11.19.2012 , 09:28 PM | #18
Needs to happen IMO. Player housing made the planets feel more alive in SWG!

hchsiao
11.19.2012 , 09:50 PM | #19
SWTOR's world is too small to allow player house. There will be a lot of QQs that players can't find land or the location them like to build their house. (As EX-UO and SWG player I know it all too well.)

Golconda
11.19.2012 , 10:36 PM | #20
If you make it a guild ship, there are plenty of ways to do it so that only guild members see it or access it. I would really love a place where the guild can have meetings and get together. I am so hoping for guild ships...
"All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- Oscar Wilde
Rough Trade Gaming Community