Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf

Sir_Galapagos
11.18.2012 , 11:41 PM | #1
Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?
Well months later we have the same problem except with rage juggs/maras. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky juggs and maras shouldn't be able to either.

and thats why rage juggs and maras NEED A NERF (so do pyro-techs)
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

Helig
11.19.2012 , 12:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Galapagos View Post
Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?
Well months later we have the same problem except with rage juggs/maras. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky juggs and maras shouldn't be able to either.

and thats why rage juggs and maras NEED A NERF (so do pyro-techs)
Non-tank Warriors can't stunlock you for 6 seconds out of stealth. You can see Smash coming from a mile away.

And no, they don't crit for 6k on their "first attack". Learn the basics of how the spec works before posting.

Smash does indeed need to be toned down. But not for the reasons you described.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Sir_Galapagos
11.19.2012 , 04:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Non-tank Warriors can't stunlock you for 6 seconds out of stealth. You can see Smash coming from a mile away.

And no, they don't crit for 6k on their "first attack". Learn the basics of how the spec works before posting.

Smash does indeed need to be toned down. But not for the reasons you described.
you can't always seed people coming from 30 meters and during the match i was describing i was crit for 6k from a jugg just coming out of spawn and with force push followed by a choke you can be stuned for almost 6 seconds.

Lostpenguins
11.19.2012 , 05:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Galapagos View Post
you can't always seed people coming from 30 meters and during the match i was describing i was crit for 6k from a jugg just coming out of spawn and with force push followed by a choke you can be stuned for almost 6 seconds.
Back in the day I had no problem with a 6k opener from an Operative... I had a problem where they did that followed by a 4k and some other stuff all while I was still stunned.

Zaxem
11.19.2012 , 06:15 PM | #5
i rember getting getting hit for like 9-10k crit the first month by a operative.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

gvettekill
11.19.2012 , 07:07 PM | #6
lol 6k crits, those are cute.

SoonerJBD
11.19.2012 , 07:18 PM | #7
Derpa-smash is going to get nerfed. It has to. Yes, agents have stuns and stealth. I think they are fine as a class now in PvP. But warriors get an AOE stun in addition to Force Choke. They get force leap. The 6k-plus smashes, especially on auto-crit, are way too much. It's the faceroll spec of the month, and there is going to be much QQ when it gets its deserved nerf.

Sir_Galapagos
11.19.2012 , 08:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Derpa-smash is going to get nerfed. It has to. Yes, agents have stuns and stealth. I think they are fine as a class now in PvP. But warriors get an AOE stun in addition to Force Choke. They get force leap. The 6k-plus smashes, especially on auto-crit, are way too much. It's the faceroll spec of the month, and there is going to be much QQ when it gets its deserved nerf.
THANK YOU! and even if operatives have stealth jugss have way more health and can take more damage.

HerrAwesome
11.20.2012 , 02:36 AM | #9
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

-IceHawk-
11.20.2012 , 08:44 AM | #10
The fallacious nature of the Rock, Paper, Scissors arguments is getting quite annoying.

Do you not realize that essentially this point of view is advocating a Hard Counter System that concedes a priori that there are classes which should simply not be capable of competing against other classes in PVP?

Before 1.2 Hybrid Sorcs were the target of immense complaints and QQ.
The concern was that with a specific build it was possible for those players to average 350k damage per Warzone while veteran and elite players could and did push into the 800k total damage range.

The community essentially raged over the imbalance of always seeing that class at the top of the damage charts (not noticing that if you stacked statistics by kills Sorcs fell into the middle of the pack) and eventually Bioware destroyed the entire Hybrid build in one fell swoop.

Marauders and Juggernauts now utilize a Rage-spec that can produce more total damage overall than the Hybrid Sorc ever could, and do so in a manner (intense burst) that allows them to continuously exceed kill #s by a significant portion.

If the 1.2-Nerf to Sorcs was a legitimate move by Bioware to ensure the balance of PVP I would expect Marauders to be next. Their combination of Hit Points, Defensive Cool downs, and Burst-Intensive damage mechanics is a threat to overall PVP balance.

It should be readily apparent to the community that Rage-spec is horribly unbalanced when the only viable counter to it (Bubble-Stun Spam) is itself an unbalanced mechanic.

The best Hyrbid-Sorcs boasted of 800k DMG Warzones and kill totals in the 30-40 range.

The best Rage-spec are now boasting of 1Million DMG Warzones and kill totals exceeding 50.

I am sorry, those of you clinging to the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" analogy or any other defense of Rage-spec mechanics are doing so out of fear of the eventual Nerf, and principally out of the hope that Bioware patches PVP based on Forum Posts which your defense is attempting to moderate.

This is not a case of Hard Counters complaining about an inability to rule Warzones.

This is the case of a dominant PVP-spec that can and does rule Warzones in nominal and significant statistics declaring they are perfectly situated....at the top of the mountain.

I want to see a 5% DMG spread in these classes; that means Marauders and to a lesser extent Juggernaughts need to be brought down, and a number of classes need to be brought up.

PVP should be about Skill; Not stacking Rage-spec and Bubble-Stun players with a few healers and rolling through to easy wins.