Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else buying unlocks?

Gabrandt
11.19.2012 , 04:10 PM | #1
I'm a subscriber. But I'm fairly certain I won't always be. In times of little to no updates (or perhaps updates that don't particularly interest me) I plan on going preferred, subscribing during content patches or releases that tickle my fancy.

I guess what I am asking is, has anyone else chosen to spend their cartel coins on unlocking action bars, allowing access to all three crafts and so on and so on?
The dark side perceives all.

Suzina
11.19.2012 , 04:38 PM | #2
I think it's smart of you to buy those things. For most people, it's hard to imagine a time in which they are not paying, yet still playing. Most people don't know themselves well enough to have an idea what their playing habits will be in the future. The game is very difficult to play without hotbars, and if you know that you're going to be crafting it's hard to have just one craft. I think it makes a lot of sense to use your cartel coins for these things if you know you will be switching from subscriber to more casual player.
Member of Bane Fleet

Bigbozo
11.19.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
Not a bad Idea. But I think I would save the coins till I got to a time when I was not subscribing, then buy the unlocks. But that's just me.

MindSpore
11.19.2012 , 04:46 PM | #4
rocket boost ftw
Spymaster / Masterspy / Sneaky-Pete - TOFN

JacenHallis
11.19.2012 , 04:46 PM | #5
I'm buying cargo hold bays and legacy unlocks mostly. Then I might do some cartel packs later on when they've come up with more stuff for them. Like those relics they held back to work on.

If I ever go preferred, I'll just drop the cash on slots and crew skills at that point. I'm not planning on it, though.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

GalacticKegger
11.19.2012 , 05:39 PM | #6
Not with cash, but I've spent most of my 2800 on account-wide inventory slots and an account-wide bank tab.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

ChuangTzu
11.19.2012 , 05:49 PM | #7
I've been using them for legacy unlocks.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

RycheMykola
11.19.2012 , 05:51 PM | #8
I subscribe. Why would I need them?

Gabrandt
11.19.2012 , 05:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
If I ever go preferred, I'll just drop the cash on slots and crew skills at that point. I'm not planning on it, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bigbozo View Post
Not a bad Idea. But I think I would save the coins till I got to a time when I was not subscribing, then buy the unlocks. But that's just me.
See, I've been thinking about that as well. It might not be a bad idea to simply save the cartel coins until that moment when you are, in fact, not a subscriber.
The dark side perceives all.