Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A single-player subscriber's request

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
A single-player subscriber's request

Greymaulkin
11.19.2012 , 03:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
Holy cow!

How many more people are going to complain that they have to play with other people!!!

IT'S A MULTIPLAYER GAME!!!

If you want solo so bad, go hop on your Xbox or Playstation!
You seem exasperated by the number of people who like playing MMOs a solo players, which would mean that there must be a large number of solo players, which would in turn mean there should be enough of a market for the devs to put in place a server for solo players because they must be a considerable part of the community.

mithriltabby
11.19.2012 , 05:20 PM | #12
We already have Story Mode and Hard Mode; I would love to have a Tourist Mode where everything is reduced to single-player difficulty, only grey items drop, and no titles are unlocked. That would let me experience the story of the flashpoints and operations at my own pace, and learn their layout and tactics so Im a little less clueless when I jump in through the Group Finder.

seven_deadlies
11.19.2012 , 06:15 PM | #13
This will continue progressing, until eventually people start whining for a server where they are the only player that exists. Where other people can't kill that one particular mob, or take that one particular chest while they're busy in combat. A server where you can play your MSPRPG (Massively Single Player) all to yourself.

Greymaulkin
11.19.2012 , 10:33 PM | #14
This will continue progressing, until eventually people start whining for a server where they are the only player that exists. Where other people can't kill that one particular mob, or take that one particular chest while they're busy in combat. A server where you can play your MSPRPG (Massively Single Player) all to yourself.
I don't agree with you on this. Solo players don't mind playing with other people online all at once, it is just that they prefer doing missions alone. They chat with people, answer questions, add things to the auction houses, craft items to sell....solo players are still part of the community they just prefer playing missions by themselves and at their own pace.

Greymaulkin
11.19.2012 , 10:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mithriltabby View Post
We already have Story Mode and Hard Mode; I would love to have a Tourist Mode where everything is reduced to single-player difficulty, only grey items drop, and no titles are unlocked. That would let me experience the story of the flashpoints and operations at my own pace, and learn their layout and tactics so Im a little less clueless when I jump in through the Group Finder.
Or what if they had a solo mission attached to the flashpoints and operations, so maybe you don't do the flashpoint or operation exactly but you do a mission that is sort of "behind the scenes" and shows you the story.

So you wouldn't actually experience the actual flashpoint or operation but you would do a mission that made you aware of the major plot points and characters involved. A solo mission that is kind of wrapped around the story of the flashpoint or operation.

Petnil
11.20.2012 , 06:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Greymaulkin View Post
Or what if they had a solo mission attached to the flashpoints and operations, so maybe you don't do the flashpoint or operation exactly but you do a mission that is sort of "behind the scenes" and shows you the story.

So you wouldn't actually experience the actual flashpoint or operation but you would do a mission that made you aware of the major plot points and characters involved. A solo mission that is kind of wrapped around the story of the flashpoint or operation.
i like this idea. Even if it was just one long VO scene it would help the solo players follow the world story. Im not a big fan of soloing OPs, but this idea ill support.

Ifrica
11.20.2012 , 07:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendaric View Post
MMORPG doesn't equal playing in groups, it just means lots of other players exist within the same setting as you do.

The whole issue wouldn't exist if not every last bit of content since launch, apart from the dailies (which don't really have a story), has been focusing on grouping.
Especially for those of us who don't raid, it's basically impossible to know what's going on in the game's setting at the moment. I noticed this when I entered Section X and everything there was about some Dread Guard guys and I went like: "Dread who? Never heard of them".
Massive "Multiplayer" Online Role Playing Game, multiplayer --> play with multiple "people".
But ok, interpretation and associal behavior are permitted.
I understand if you don't raid you might have missed some awesome stories, like the Rakata, the Hutts and the Dread Masters.. But if you say you never heard of them, then you didn't pay attention ingame and just skipped all cinematics? Because otherwise Belsavis would like a word with you.
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Ifrica
11.20.2012 , 07:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mithriltabby View Post
Please no, if you don't like raids because you want to solo everything, fine, don't do them, just watch the cinematic on youtube. But don't touch the actual MMO content and go the Blizzard way of handholding and nerfing.

Ifrica
11.20.2012 , 07:19 AM | #19
Maybe all the solo players should play on the oceanic servers and the oceanic mmo players come to us?
win-win?

Ifrica
11.20.2012 , 07:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Greymaulkin View Post

You do know you can see the opening cinematic/conversation of the operations without actually doing them right? just pick up quest and talk to first npc, u'll get to know what's going on.