Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Color crystals should be statless.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Color crystals should be statless.

GnatB
11.19.2012 , 02:59 PM | #31
Even w/o color crystals, artifice is still in relatively good shape. They have enhancements.

And they've already lost color crystals. Ones from cartel which will shortly be flooding the market (once they can be put on the GTN) are lvl 50 quality, but can be equipped at lvl 10.

I seem to remember reading a post that the new lvl 50 quality, lvl 10 equippable color crystals were the first step in making color crystals a purely esthetic decision.

Though it sort of sounds like the decision was to simply make the stats on them all the same. Wouldn't be surprised if they all suddenly became +41.

Klemence
11.19.2012 , 03:06 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Though it sort of sounds like the decision was to simply make the stats on them all the same. Wouldn't be surprised if they all suddenly became +41.
That would make the most sense, to me, simply because doing it any other way would probably require a rebalancing act at the end game for the developers. That's just a guess, though.

HarleysRule
11.19.2012 , 03:20 PM | #33
Add another slot and crystal type, and assign the stats the color crystal used to have to the new craftable crystal....problem solved. How hard was that?!?

TheSeventhJedi
11.19.2012 , 03:23 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
^ This.

BW has said they are looking into this, but the slap to the face for Atificers would be something to worry about.

I'm still for a focus crystal to replace the stats.
I dunno, I think it could actually help artifice if they gave us more shades. For instance, we could have blue, cyan, sky blue, navy blue, all kinds of blue - but different shades could have different rarities. People are crazy for vanity, and this would make it so I didn't have to hope that people wanted the orange +41 end crystal I can make, because I don't have a schematic for the +41 crit.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

NSStember
11.19.2012 , 03:31 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
That is why, I think, they're having such a difficult time deciding on what to do. They could always keep the stats on them but just get rid of the low level stuff and make all of the existing +41 crystals useable at level 10 like they did with the ones from the cartel shop. While you would lose out on the mats you used REing for the low level stuff, at least you won't lose out on the comms you spent getting the stuff at 50.
I think this is not a bad idea. Give artificers the ability to make the +41 crystals that are usable at level 10, and make them the only crystals (up until level 9 or 10 you are using a practice saber anyway). Get rid of all other crystals (meaning all non +41s, not all non artifce made).

Sure....I'd be bummed about all the time I spent gathering mats and learning blue and purple versions of lower crystals, but in the end it would give Bioware the crystal stability they are looking for, and still give Artificers their "cystal edge".

apatah
11.19.2012 , 03:34 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
^ This.

BW has said they are looking into this, but the slap to the face for Atificers would be something to worry about.

I'm still for a focus crystal to replace the stats.
What slap in the face? If they move the "stat" to the saber, artificers would still retain their value, if not have it increased. This too would be the same for armstech for ranged weapons and whatnot.
Elushar - Speaker of Truths
Underhand of the Jedi Council
Jedi Shadow
"First Truth - Everything I will tell you is a lie."

DarthMaero
11.19.2012 , 03:39 PM | #37
So let me get this straight, you want to take color crystals and remove the stats from them. So all color crystals would in essence be the same. Then make Item modification more complected for no real reason at all..... The result that artifice is essentially ****ed over, AND you take away from from a large part of the fun of this game - item hunting. I'm sure I am not the only one who has spent hours in game hunting down different color crystals every time I get a new Color crystal with +41 power on my main I could not be happier. Sure when the color crystal I want drops in an Op but does not have the stats I want I get a little pissed off, but in the end its part of the fun and keeps me coming back to try and get that crystal. Not to mention I have over half a dozen color crystals in my collection ( I am a little proud of it), which you want to make kind of worthless......

NO!!!!!!!

DarthMaero
11.19.2012 , 03:48 PM | #38
sorry accidental double post and I don't know how to delete......

yoshua
11.19.2012 , 03:57 PM | #39
Just make them moddable. Allow me to put in a mod that artifices can craft that are crystal specific. Make the crystals all empty, or with a +endurance default and then allow us to swap out the mod for the +stat crystal mod of our choice. this way the artiface community actually gets a NEW item to craft instead of robbing them of a source of income, which, lets be honest, was meager to begin with.

You cant craft any of the sought after crystals except magenta anyways. This way you can sell the mods for all crystals. And they can add new colors as craftable later, using HIGH end matts like they do for barrells and hilts.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

RAVM
11.19.2012 , 04:15 PM | #40
Not to cry (too much) over spilled milk, but what a blunder they didn't make them statless to begin with, considering they were exactly that in KOTOR and KOTOR2. Why in the world did someone think it'd be better to tie the stats to the color?

How many dev hours will be wasted investigating and possibly fixing this mess that shouldn't have been in the first place.