Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Player Housing?

rynlath
11.18.2012 , 11:44 AM | #1
Don't know if this has been post or recommended but I think it'd be cool to be able to purchase your own player compound where you can have soldiers, apprentices, etc and have other players come and can hold guild meetings and such. Or if can't be for individual players perhaps guild halls/ships something of the that line. What do you think?

JekRendar
11.18.2012 , 11:49 AM | #2
It would make sense considering the plethora of empty buildings...everywhere. Even the ability to add more customization options to the ships would be a welcome addition. Unfortunately, (true) player housing is very low on the devs' priority list at the moment. Even if we did receive it, it likely wouldn't be as flexible as say EQII or CoX.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Scovina
11.18.2012 , 12:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by rynlath View Post
Don't know if this has been post or recommended but I think it'd be cool to be able to purchase your own player compound where you can have soldiers, apprentices, etc and have other players come and can hold guild meetings and such. Or if can't be for individual players perhaps guild halls/ships something of the that line. What do you think?
I don't so much want a house as I want the ability to make my ship even more my own. Different colors on panels. Screens that look different. Perhaps even the outside. Add a meditation room for RP sake. Houses would be cool but I'd much rather it be the ship.

CaptRavenous
11.18.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
I don't so much want a house as I want the ability to make my ship even more my own. Different colors on panels. Screens that look different. Perhaps even the outside. Add a meditation room for RP sake. Houses would be cool but I'd much rather it be the ship.
Agreed. Ships should be the focus, our own personal ships with customization options, and the introduction of guild ships, like they promised when the game launched.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

-Silver-
11.18.2012 , 05:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
Agreed. Ships should be the focus, our own personal ships with customization options, and the introduction of guild ships, like they promised when the game launched.
Yep. And let me shop around for new ships. Make them insanely expensive, so I have something to save for. Especially Guild Ships - they should start at 5-10 million and range up to the hundreds of millions at least for the very biggest and best.

JacenHallis
11.18.2012 , 10:16 PM | #6
I'm sure some people would be happy with customizable ships. I would, too, but not as an alternative for actual player housing. Ships are too small for a captain and his or her seven crew members, even if two to three of them are droids. I want a housing option on the capital world, instanced, and with no companions cluttering up the view.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

MishraArtificer
11.19.2012 , 04:41 AM | #7
To hell with it: I want to buy the Imperial Agent's ship for every character I make from now on. Because REASONS.

...no, seriously. I love the fact that they took inspiration for that ship from my favorite ship in the entirety of Star Wars: Darth Maul's Scimitar.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Osryri
11.19.2012 , 05:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
Yep. And let me shop around for new ships. Make them insanely expensive, so I have something to save for. Especially Guild Ships - they should start at 5-10 million and range up to the hundreds of millions at least for the very biggest and best.
Yeah make them so expensive that only people like you who have nothing else to do but play the game can afford the time to get credits to buy it. Love players who want to keep certain items only to themselves.

No make housing and customizing accessible to everyone.

SavageOpress
11.19.2012 , 06:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
Yeah that would be awesome!

Things that also would be awesome to add to the space:
  1. Free space so you can just fly around.
  2. Kill ships of the opposite faction (PvP).
  3. Multiple cannons that can be controlled by other players so you can do group missions or something like that.
  4. Fully customizable, so you can change furniture and that kind of stuff so every ship is different and that makes it unique.
  5. Huge guild ships.

All these things could be really expensive so that would be a new great money sink that will almost last forever. And off course people can show off ^^ posting pictures of their ships on the forums.

chimex
11.19.2012 , 09:53 AM | #10
Personally I would love to see ship customization brought to a new level. Let us add/remove furniture to make it our own.

Also, guild ships sounds like a brilliant idea. Something about 10x the size of a personal ship with a much grander feel to it. Either that, or for every 20 members in a guild a floor/room added
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>