Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gender for a smuggler and a bounty hunter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Gender for a smuggler and a bounty hunter

FeniceNera
11.19.2012 , 05:33 AM | #1
Hello all,
which is the best gender choice (romance-wise) for my smuggler and bounty hunter?

RendValor
11.19.2012 , 07:53 AM | #2
Male/Male
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

FeniceNera
11.19.2012 , 08:37 AM | #3
Thanks, I think I'm gonna start a male, fat cyborg smuggler then

Helig
11.20.2012 , 01:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FeniceNera View Post
Hello all,
which is the best gender choice (romance-wise) for my smuggler and bounty hunter?
Run a Male Chiss BH and a Female Human Smuggler. No complaints. BH's voice sounds hard and badarse, while female Smuggler has a very cocky/playful vibe and she has very cute cracks in her voice.

Also ran male Smuggler, but I hated how he sounded as if he was perma-drunk, and female BH voice acting didn't seem to be memorable to me.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

MarkEllzey
11.20.2012 , 07:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Run a Male Chiss BH and a Female Human Smuggler. No complaints. BH's voice sounds hard and badarse, while female Smuggler has a very cocky/playful vibe and she has very cute cracks in her voice.

Also ran male Smuggler, but I hated how he sounded as if he was perma-drunk, and female BH voice acting didn't seem to be memorable to me.
Wow, I think the male smuggler voice is the best one in the game. The female BH voice I also enjoy, and I dislike the deep voice of the male BH as well. We couldn't disagree any more. lol

Helig
11.20.2012 , 07:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkEllzey View Post
Wow, I think the male smuggler voice is the best one in the game. The female BH voice I also enjoy, and I dislike the deep voice of the male BH as well. We couldn't disagree any more. lol
Well, this only shows how good SWToR's voice cast is to be able to appeal to so many different people :P
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

RendValor
11.20.2012 , 08:03 AM | #7
The female BH VA was the same one who voiced the Handmaiden in KotOR2 and Catwoman in Batman Arkham City, she did an amazing job at those, but her voice just doesn't quite feel right on a female BH, and she didn't do a great job at it either.

Projawa
11.20.2012 , 07:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post

My thoughts as well

SnazzyMcSplendid
11.20.2012 , 07:56 PM | #9
I suppose it depends on whether they lean toward Light Side or Dark Side, too. Some voice actors are just better at one then the other. I'm playing a female BH that's essentially Light Side and I think she sounds perfectly fine. I kind of get the impression that the male BH would be pretty awesome for a Dark Side character, too, though I haven't really tested that.
"[Insert Witty Quote Here]"

RendValor
11.21.2012 , 02:26 PM | #10
Male BH sounds awesome darkside and still a very convincing ******-but-not-totally-psycho lightside