Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Many Cartel Packs Have You Bought?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How Many Cartel Packs Have You Bought?

sithgreyguard
11.19.2012 , 01:16 AM | #21
I bought about 8 crime lord packs. I got so far a couple of speeders, pink-purple crystals, new slave dancer costume, also a few pets.

Talosred
11.19.2012 , 02:31 AM | #22
None so far, though bought some cartel coins in-case anything that catches my eyes comes up.

Staying subscribed regardless.

Thufir_Hawat
11.19.2012 , 02:36 AM | #23

Got rubish, went to GTN now have all pets, all emotes, all titles, all speeders except chair and down only 1.5mil.

nicosand
11.19.2012 , 02:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tordos View Post
1) So how many packs have you bought so far?
2) If you bought packs, did you get what you were hoping for more or less?
3) Have you or are you planning to purchase cartel coins to buy packs?
4) What would you like to see added or changed about the cartel market?

Feel free to share what you got in your pack(s) on the roundup I've started. Thank you.
1) I've actually bought 28 so far (will probably even buy more later)
2) More or less yes, I got the speeders (except the one I REALLY wanted, the throne chair), also got some nice pets...
3) I've bought 2 refills of CC, the 5500 ones, used most of it on packs, but I also used some of it for stuff like Rocket Boost, droid vendor for my ship, some new gear to make my assassin tank finally look like a proper tank not just a dude in a dress... There's also some other stuff that I'm probably gonna buy later for my "free" sub rewarded coins...
4) I dont like the fact that I get so much of of the same loot over and over... I now have 4 of the Covert Torso Energy Armor, i have 6 of the Elegant loungewear Bottoms, 2 of the hat and 2 of the chest, I've also gotten several of the imp and rep banners, 3 sets of the Trailblazers lower armoring boxes, 6 purple/pink crystals, 4 longspur elite mounts (altho the mounts im just gonna send over to my alts )
I would have liked better if they had taken the experiance and social boost, companion gifts and crafting mats out of the crimelord pack

Foxinator
11.19.2012 , 02:48 AM | #25
I've only bought 2 so far on live... most of the stuff I wanted I was able to buy off the GTN. I would like to see some more equipment, and more choice, so for example pieces of the set sold separately. I would also be happy if there was another kind of pack that was offered without companion gifts and materials, say something like 2 random rares and one common with a chance of a very rare. However, I am pretty satisfied with what I have right now.

Feel free to share what you got in your pack(s) on the roundup I've started. Thank you.
3, only with my free Cartel coins before I quit the game and unsubbed. Why would I waste my money on crap? It would be illogical, and at the moment it's all about Star Citizen!

Lord_of_Mu
11.19.2012 , 02:52 AM | #26
None, I'm waiting for the Revan armor.

nicosand
11.19.2012 , 02:55 AM | #27
Forgot to mention the most annoying thing about the stuff you get in the packs, and that is that you cant sell the gear you get to a vendor, cuz with the droprates of stuff like the energy armor and the loungewear, its not worth anything on the GTN... So the only thing its doing now is wasting space in my cargo hold...

MouseNoFour
11.19.2012 , 03:13 AM | #28

1. 68.
2. Yes and no. I didnt get the Overlord's Command Throne in a pack. I purchased it for 2.5m credits. 2.5m credits i obtained by selling what i DID get in the packs. Which i am STILL selling. And still unlocking crap tons of perks etc.
3. Already did, and until they add more to the market, i doubt i will buy more.
4. More cool toys. Mounts are fun and all, but unless you plan to sit on your Command Throne (harmless plug!) on the fleet all day, it is just static.

Alec_Fortescue
11.19.2012 , 03:15 AM | #29
I bought zero. Every outfit/mount i wanted I got from GTN. Those things aren't that rare / expensive. Nihilus' mask is already 1 million on my server, double-bladed saber is like 300k along with blasters and rifles. Only mount seems to keep up over 10 mil but i ibelieve it will change.

I just bought overpriced and bugged (it has two hoods!) Pathfinder set for the Coins and that's it. Keeping rest until the 6 week content release and new items. Maybe we'll see some robes asked for in the moddable outfitst thread
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

grombrinda
11.19.2012 , 03:37 AM | #30
Bought 2 and I will never ever buy anymore...in case you haven't noticed , their support has gotten WORSE.
See apparently i'm not the only one that didn't get their monthly cartel coins for being subbed. Just head over to the customer support thread and have a look see. I'm not going to bother mentioning everything else as it has been said already and I don't feel like a long rant. But no..no more cartel packs for me. I rather have the gear on market and just buy them piecemeal.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!