Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Add more value to your subscribers....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Add more value to your subscribers....

JimboJankins
11.18.2012 , 11:34 PM | #21
populating the server with people who can't do much isn't really populating the servers. On the other hand if you increase the freebee's lets say you make it to where you can do 5 HMFP's per week and 10 pvp matches well then I will gladly cancel my subscription and pay $10 per week for ops. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same and then Bioware will populate the servers and make 1/3 less money. Great way to stay profitable if you ask me. I think the point that people forget is that bioware is not a non-profit. They are in this to make money. F2P is a way to entice people to come back or mainly allow people to level for free and hook them to get subs. If someone is broke and cannot afford to pay a sub then there is no real market for bioware. Ultimately they have to remain profitable to their shareholders and giving people a reason to cancel subscriptions to play for free isn't a good idea

You can try to justify how it will help you all day long but bioware doesn't care about any individuals. They care about what is profitable for them as a company. They have made more money off the cartel coins from subscribers than they have from f2p people trying to get a week of pvp or HMFP's i can almost guarantee. Several guildies have already spent over $50 on cartel coins to get the rare stuff from the boxes. How many f2p people have paid that? guessing not many cause they aren't paying $14.99 per month. I will reiterate again so you can understand this time Bioware wants to make money. Free does not = increased profits. F2P is a marketing tool to get people to level for free and sub later (hopefully they enjoy the game if they took the time to hit 50). More free stuff is NOT in Bioware's best interests.

BaronV
11.19.2012 , 03:11 AM | #22
BW should focus on adding more value for subscriers not just taking away from the freeloaders
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

BaronV
11.19.2012 , 03:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JimboJankins View Post
populating the server with people who can't do much isn't really populating the servers. On the other hand if you increase the freebee's lets say you make it to where you can do 5 HMFP's per week and 10 pvp matches well then I will gladly cancel my subscription and pay $10 per week for ops. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same and then Bioware will populate the servers and make 1/3 less money. Great way to stay profitable if you ask me. I think the point that people forget is that bioware is not a non-profit. They are in this to make money. F2P is a way to entice people to come back or mainly allow people to level for free and hook them to get subs. If someone is broke and cannot afford to pay a sub then there is no real market for bioware. Ultimately they have to remain profitable to their shareholders and giving people a reason to cancel subscriptions to play for free isn't a good idea

You can try to justify how it will help you all day long but bioware doesn't care about any individuals. They care about what is profitable for them as a company. They have made more money off the cartel coins from subscribers than they have from f2p people trying to get a week of pvp or HMFP's i can almost guarantee. Several guildies have already spent over $50 on cartel coins to get the rare stuff from the boxes. How many f2p people have paid that? guessing not many cause they aren't paying $14.99 per month. I will reiterate again so you can understand this time Bioware wants to make money. Free does not = increased profits. F2P is a marketing tool to get people to level for free and sub later (hopefully they enjoy the game if they took the time to hit 50). More free stuff is NOT in Bioware's best interests.
And that is precisely the problem! As a subber I shouldnt have to pay additional $$ to get stuff but they are making it out to be that way - put out something that people really want then make the sucker subbers (who will always pay) spend more money to get it.

Thats just wrong.

mothear
11.19.2012 , 03:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
And that is precisely the problem! As a subber I shouldnt have to pay additional $$ to get stuff but they are making it out to be that way - put out something that people really want then make the sucker subbers (who will always pay) spend more money to get it.

Thats just wrong.
Sorry you are wrong there is no way that you have to spend extra $$ to get stuff.

No subber, including you, needs to pay extra. They may choose to but that is down to them. If you want something from the cartel shop either have patience and save up your monthly stipend for it, or use in game credits and buy it off the GTN.

BaronV
11.19.2012 , 06:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Sorry you are wrong there is no way that you have to spend extra $$ to get stuff.

No subber, including you, needs to pay extra. They may choose to but that is down to them. If you want something from the cartel shop either have patience and save up your monthly stipend for it, or use in game credits and buy it off the GTN.
No thats not true. The option of either paying like 10mil credits or spending real money (cartel coins) for the possibility of getting something I want (gambling boxes) is NOT fair to the subscriber because there is no other alternative (questing, farming, etc)

Most of us purchased the game waay before F2P was annouced (when it was still full price) - arbitarily changing the product that people have already paid for will not fly in the real world. Why is it okay to screw over people in the digital world?!

gryhmr
11.19.2012 , 06:05 AM | #26
OP is a liar.
Greggas - Shadow/Sin- The Bastion

Jnaathra
11.19.2012 , 06:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by gryhmr View Post
OP is a liar.
In what way? Sounds like you're being a petty fool to me.

lklinga
11.19.2012 , 06:26 AM | #28
Because Unless you play is some weird time you get instant queues for anything that F2P folks have leveled up to.

Heroics on planets even with LFG are slmost instant whispers and groups
Flash points same yest they have limit but it is crap load of them.
War zones no longer then 5 mins for me ever.

Unless the OP is playing on Oceanic server I do no believe it.