Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

Dobah
11.18.2012 , 09:44 PM | #1
Returning level 50 here and was glad this game is now F2P, but I have to pay money for action bars? You must be out of your mind.

Good luck with F2P
Doba- Level 50 Assassin
Guild Officer of <Omni>
Twin Spears

AMKSED
11.19.2012 , 12:16 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dobah View Post
Returning level 50 here and was glad this game is now F2P, but I have to pay money for action bars? You must be out of your mind.

Good luck with F2P
F2P is for the story, that's it. You can spend some credits and get the other things but in order to fully enjoy this game you will have to spend money.

wmtyrance
11.19.2012 , 12:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dobah View Post

Good luck with F2P
Yeah this is pretty stupid and a huge turn off to f2p.

Meepbot
11.19.2012 , 12:10 PM | #4
3+ quickbars is a convenience, not a necessity. Convenience should be payed for. This especially applies to F2P, which is mainly just going to be solo leveling unless they pay for unlimited WZs or FPs. No problem here
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

DarthBandeth
11.19.2012 , 12:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
F2P is for the story, that's it. You can spend some credits and get the other things but in order to fully enjoy this game you will have to spend money.
Quoted for truth. They spent several hundred million dollars on this game and you expect everything to be free? lol....
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.

Nataph
11.19.2012 , 12:46 PM | #6
Yeah, i pay 15$ a month. Yeah, I dont care. I am not willing to pay money if they are just going to hand over a free game to those who obviously do not want to pay for a game.
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

wmtyrance
11.19.2012 , 01:59 PM | #7
Give me a break. Paying for ui elements is stupid. I'M willing to pay money for things but not that. Some of the other restrictions make sense but this is just plain stupid. I understand you want to defend your game but everywhere else online agrees that this is a load of bs.

LukeSaberRattler
11.19.2012 , 02:27 PM | #8
You do realize that just buying one item pretty much anything gets you preferred status which gives you more quickbars, cargo hold, and a few other things. Or if you were a sub and then go f2p same difference. People find the smallest most insignificant things to complain about it is a little worrying for the human race.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

Dobah
11.19.2012 , 06:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataph View Post
Yeah, i pay 15$ a month. Yeah, I dont care. I am not willing to pay money if they are just going to hand over a free game to those who obviously do not want to pay for a game.
I don't think you see what I'm saying, I don't mind paying for updates or cosmetics,etc. But paying for a UI function is stupid. I cant play my Level 50 I've had since release without them.

I've already spent $150 for the damn CE and I cant get some action bars?

Give me a break.
Doba- Level 50 Assassin
Guild Officer of <Omni>
Twin Spears

jarjarloves
11.19.2012 , 07:36 PM | #10
can't post in the right forum? REALLY?!