Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Add more value to your subscribers....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Add more value to your subscribers....

Jnaathra
11.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #1
I subscribed to this game as F2P approached. Specfically to enjoy the PVP (warzones) again.

However, I hit a snag today when I queued up on one of my characters. I waited in line for around 20 minutes for the warzone to pop. Then the match ended 2 mins later due to insufficent players. I then waited another 20 minutes for another match. This wait is a bit to much.

Please increase the number of matches that F2P players can do each week. Both for warzones and for flashpoints.

By giving me people to play with you add value to the game for me. You make me want to subscribe.

GW2 follows this model in a way. They want more people and they have stated that they are aware that only a certain percentage of players will use their gem store. That they still want those others around, because those other players add value to the ones that are paying.

If I have no one to play against... What is the point of me keeping this sub? Keep all the other restrictions in place.. You will still make money, but do us subscribers this simple favor and make the game more fun for us.

Adamagic
11.18.2012 , 09:19 PM | #2
I agree 100%. I would even be happy if they gave the F2P'ers unlimited wz's with reduced comms, or something to that effect. Having more people to play against makes me happy as a sub.

Lunafox
11.18.2012 , 09:22 PM | #3
They need to hold something over the freeloaders heads to entice them. If they gave more warzones, how is this going to keep you as a subscriber? You won't, cause you'll be able to do everything you want for free, so why would you pay. You would join the rank of freeloader, and the game would sink even further.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

Klarick
11.18.2012 , 09:23 PM | #4
I dont believe the OP is serious.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Rafael_Peres
11.18.2012 , 09:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
They need to hold something over the freeloaders heads to entice them. If they gave more warzones, how is this going to keep you as a subscriber? You won't, cause you'll be able to do everything you want for free, so why would you pay. You would join the rank of freeloader, and the game would sink even further.
Freeloaders at most will not sub anyway, no matter what you give or not.

RazielHex
11.18.2012 , 09:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Adamagic View Post
I agree 100%. I would even be happy if they gave the F2P'ers unlimited wz's with reduced comms, or something to that effect. Having more people to play against makes me happy as a sub.
hahahaha.

No.

Lunafox
11.18.2012 , 09:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafael_Peres View Post
I agree with that, the grand majority of them won't. The odd one...might. But is that really enough to help the game?
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

Soluss
11.18.2012 , 09:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafael_Peres View Post
Well, if you gave them warzones, then you might as well give them ops and dungeons too. Who, in their right mind, would sub to a game if they can play the whole thing?
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

annabethchase
11.18.2012 , 09:39 PM | #9
Must be a joke topic because anytime the server is average to full you'll get pops every minute or so.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

hippiechick
11.18.2012 , 09:39 PM | #10
They have the wrong things on the cartel for F2P. They should lock out the story line and planets and stuff like that, actual content, and give them the quick bars and hood down and stuff like that for free. Dont get me wrong I HATE most f2p models, but the ones that seem to work are the ones that unsubbed people have to pay for the actual game itself not the stuff IN it. Like zones and stuff. So, make it so they have to buy WZ etc but once they do they have FULL access.

M
If at first you don't succeed...
then skydiving isn't for you.