Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

Smashbrother
11.18.2012 , 09:20 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.
Ya he's simply there as a way to appease KOTOR fans.

I always use healer comp. It's the quickest way to kill things since I have no downtime. And let's not forget that when you get attacked by players (doing dailies for example), a healer comp is infinitely more useful than any other type of companion.

Arkerus
11.18.2012 , 09:22 PM | #82
His assassinate ability is absurdly powerful. I don't care if you don't see the point. The rest of us do.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

RazielHex
11.18.2012 , 09:45 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
The real kicker is that I cant use him for Flashpoints
This is a lie

FINNT
11.18.2012 , 10:07 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
This is a lie
Isn't he just like any other companion? Why couldn't you use him for flaspoints?
:laser:

Drackkor
11.18.2012 , 10:46 PM | #85
It's totally useless. The only way to make companions relevant is to have them in flash points normal and HM ones. And expanded there stories let them talk in flash mode. This is a story driven MMO problem is when you get to level 50 the story ends. And if you have all affection with companions this ends as well.

Drackkor
11.18.2012 , 10:47 PM | #86
All companion group in flashpoints not just 1...

DirtyDusty
11.18.2012 , 11:33 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Ya he's simply there as a way to appease KOTOR fans.

I always use healer comp. It's the quickest way to kill things since I have no downtime. And let's not forget that when you get attacked by players (doing dailies for example), a healer comp is infinitely more useful than any other type of companion.
eh, i use jorgan with my commando. Everything dies really fast and i really don't lose much health. Elara makes the fights so slow and it takes longer to get things done.

Kytea
11.18.2012 , 11:57 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.
Efficiency bonus on all gathering missions
Crit bonus on all crafting

Jedi_Wannabe
11.19.2012 , 12:24 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
It's a shiney ball to appease SW fans.
I'd rather have an IG-38, C-4PO or R2-Z2.

HK-51 is more of a shiny ball to appease KOTOR fans.
⋖I≡≡≡≡≡≡I(■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■▸

FourTwent
11.19.2012 , 12:26 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
If what I've read in the boards is true this is another 'slap in the face' patch for soloers.
you deserve it. get outta here, this is an MMO