Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preferred status accounts and character slot question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preferred status accounts and character slot question

SonDarklight
11.18.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1
Hello

I have one question, my brother have preferred status and can login with all his characters, is a bug or is this it?. He want to unlock with cartel coins some feactures for all his account, but he doesn´t know because if this is a bug and spend the cartel coins for nothing.

thx

mothear
11.18.2012 , 03:48 PM | #2
BW have said that the restriction to only 2 slots for preferred status will be implemented in a future patch. I suspect that it will be at the same time that they allow unlocking new slots on the cartel shop but well I'm often wrong so who knows

LOWTHOR
11.18.2012 , 04:45 PM | #3
I'm very interested in this question, since I would go preferred if I could get more than 2 character slots.

Where did you see that it is currently bugged?

Elysith
11.18.2012 , 04:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
BW have said that the restriction to only 2 slots for preferred status will be implemented in a future patch. I suspect that it will be at the same time that they allow unlocking new slots on the cartel shop but well I'm often wrong so who knows
Yes. That's what I suspect as well.

Also Bioware said that when the 2 character slots restriction will be applied, players with more than two characters on current F2P accounts will have to select 2 active characters.

mothear
11.18.2012 , 05:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LOWTHOR View Post
I'm very interested in this question, since I would go preferred if I could get more than 2 character slots.

Where did you see that it is currently bugged?
Taken from the FAQ

Ripster: There is a welcome screen that lists a benefit of subscribing as 10 additional slots. Will this mean subscribers will have 22 or that F2P will have 2?

Blaine: Great question and we want to make sure we’re clear on this one. Subscribers will still have 12 character slots available on a single server. F2P players will have 2 (as will Preferred). At Launch, we are not enforcing the penalty on subscribers who convert to Free-to-Play, but we will in a subsequent patch. A further wrinkle is that if you have more than two and you delete characters at Launch, you will not get that slot back. Example: I have 10 characters as a subscriber this November, but in December I cancel my subscription. When I login, I can still use all 10 characters (for now), but I cannot create new ones and if I delete one, I will have 9 and not be able to create another until I go down to 1. Make sense?