Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Operation: Explosive Conflict - Nightmare Mode

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Operation: Explosive Conflict - Nightmare Mode
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twickers
11.14.2012 , 08:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
Sorry but you guys just had a big FAIL when it came to this. we had nothing to do for 5 months except ec hm. we had a raid member quit the game cuz of it. to be honest im surprised more peeps in my raid group didnt drop out.
So...If everyone stuck around except for your one impatient raid member, and they only lost...one person, how did they fail? Compared to losing seven or more players, one really is just a drop in the bucket.

Try harder to troll failtroll.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

tman_ac
11.14.2012 , 08:39 PM | #22
As far as I already know on Toth & Zorn this fight won't be a big challenge. I mean, raising the HP by around 200k for each Boss and use a medpack at the start of the fight is nothing I would consider a big challenge. With my Sentinel I will for sure do ~600k Damage in that 5:20 min fight all alone to one Boss, so if you see that 2 dps are on one boss it won't be even close to stress us out. Why not raise the HP to something really challenging, like 1.1m for each? So you are not allowed to relax some time or fail to lose your stacks?

I really hope the other Bosses will be somewhat a real challenge. Cause if it goes on like "use random stuff, do more dps, heal more" it won't be a challenge. Sorry to say that but I am just afraid this will be another easy Operation that we will finish in no time and then have to wait months again for new content.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

AshlaBoga
11.14.2012 , 10:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
This post is ok but I am confused.

How is it that it would be possible to do it in two hours.
I accepted a real hard encounter, for serious raiders but this two hours possibility timer kinda throws it away. If the first cleance from a top guild manage to do this in less then a week from tomorrow, I mean all the Opps then I think this was a failure for the SWTOR Operations design team. Was said in video blog by one of the devs that they think an average time of three week to clear all new Nightmare Opps for the very first time. Has this changed?
It is Nightmare and it should be very difficult, and I thought with the failure of EC and KP Nightmare-modes this was a bit understood.
I think the loot in Nightmare should be very fruitful but the difficulty also should be a lot. A month difficult standard should be the norm to clear all the Opps.
BTW I hope for the Nightmare to revise in also the two old Opps (EV and KP). There was an old dev post when this was promised actually. The current EV and KP Night-mare are a buff of the Hard-mode, noting special, and these should have been change right after 1.2.
The top guilds will clear this in 1 week and probably clear it in 2 hours within 3 weeks (so December 7th). All the other Raiding guilds will probably take more like 2-3 months to clear it 2 hours. And the casuals? They will NEVER clear it in 2 hours because it's chock-full of mechanics checks. You can't really outgear mechanic heavy Operations because you still need to be at least decent. That's why I like mechanic focused Operations, if when the level cap gets raised someone tells me they cleared HM TfB the other night I'll know they can't be terrible because the mechanics would have wiped them if they were.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

AshlaBoga
11.14.2012 , 10:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
Sorry but you guys just had a big FAIL when it came to this. we had nothing to do for 5 months except ec hm. we had a raid member quit the game cuz of it. to be honest im surprised more peeps in my raid group didnt drop out.
You really have no idea how lucky you are do you?

Guilds had as many as ALL their good raiders leave during the 5 month wait. My guild lost 4/8 waiting for HM TfB. And you complain about 1/8? Take a look around, you're one of the lucky ones buddy.
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

IrishTR
11.14.2012 , 11:07 PM | #25
Yes the lockout for NiM EC needs to be separate from HM EC... If we're talking more challenging higher level loot... Separate this!

Or people will just switch to HM to pass the harder bosses and farm the easier ones on NiM for the gear...

Azdraik
11.16.2012 , 07:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
As far as I already know on Toth & Zorn this fight won't be a big challenge. I mean, raising the HP by around 200k for each Boss and use a medpack at the start of the fight is nothing I would consider a big challenge. With my Sentinel I will for sure do ~600k Damage in that 5:20 min fight all alone to one Boss, so if you see that 2 dps are on one boss it won't be even close to stress us out. Why not raise the HP to something really challenging, like 1.1m for each? So you are not allowed to relax some time or fail to lose your stacks?

I really hope the other Bosses will be somewhat a real challenge. Cause if it goes on like "use random stuff, do more dps, heal more" it won't be a challenge. Sorry to say that but I am just afraid this will be another easy Operation that we will finish in no time and then have to wait months again for new content.
You running this 8 man or 16?

Quite tough on 16 man.

Ditolus
11.17.2012 , 02:45 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
You really have no idea how lucky you are do you?

Guilds had as many as ALL their good raiders leave during the 5 month wait. My guild lost 4/8 waiting for HM TfB. And you complain about 1/8? Take a look around, you're one of the lucky ones buddy.
I was talking about my own raid group. other raid groups in my guild lost people in the time between ec and tfb as well. some lost 1 or 2 peeps as well. one group folded entirely.

Fornix
11.17.2012 , 06:14 PM | #28

As simply raising HP doesn't quite offer much additional complexity. And you can perfectly adjust for this yourself by choosing to e.g. 6 man the raid rather than 8 man it. Problem is, for seasoned raiders there's little challenge in raids here, or in pretty much all MMO's for that matter.

Whereas for newer players to the genre, I've come across plenty of them who are already struggling enough on EC HM, hardly get beyond the second boss in TFB HM and will probably instantly wipe on Z&T EC NMM.
Member of <Helix>

AshlaBoga
11.18.2012 , 12:45 PM | #29

If you want a challenge do Nightmare EC on 16 man. 8 Man Nightmare EC is much easier than 16 man, worlds apart.
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Alec_Fortescue
11.21.2012 , 01:55 AM | #30
So yeah, I was in the world first party to Reach Kephess on 16 man last weekend. Was that fight even tested? So far it's been a wipefest for two days...
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware