Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Market will have opposite effect than intended

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Market will have opposite effect than intended

Fornix
11.18.2012 , 06:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cran View Post
Judging from the amount of items sold on the GNT already, many, many people have bought packs, and I am rather thankful for it, because I have enough time to grind dailies and buy what I want this way without gambling.

Many people also posted about buying coins already, so it's not all people who spent their accumulated coins from being a subscriber. So far, the concept seems to work - people spend money! We'll have to see if it lasts or if people get fed up/upset with the gambling aspect of it.

Btw, the mask of Nihilus sells for more than 20 millions on my server - not buying that!
It's already down to 8 million on mine, due to the sheer number of them getting up there. So many players are purchasing those gambling packs in hopes to strike gold the market is currently flooding with those items .
Member of <Helix>

Applicator
11.18.2012 , 06:16 AM | #22
Someone in my guild blew $600 already and is getting more packs tomorrow. Seems like it's working as intended.

Soluss
11.18.2012 , 09:36 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cran View Post
Judging from the amount of items sold on the GNT already, many, many people have bought packs, and I am rather thankful for it, because I have enough time to grind dailies and buy what I want this way without gambling.

Many people also posted about buying coins already, so it's not all people who spent their accumulated coins from being a subscriber. So far, the concept seems to work - people spend money! We'll have to see if it lasts or if people get fed up/upset with the gambling aspect of it.

Btw, the mask of Nihilus sells for more than 20 millions on my server - not buying that!
Dude was just asking for 4mil or best offer on my server
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.18.2012 , 09:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Applicator View Post
Someone in my guild blew $600 already and is getting more packs tomorrow. Seems like it's working as intended.
Lol, what an idiot. A mortgage payment to get some crappy fluff items.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

JekRendar
11.18.2012 , 09:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
He's talking about the fact people are f'n tired of gambling for cool loot. Granted I agree with this sentiment, but it does keep the cool loot rare....and unless someone steps in and regulates the industry you can expect to see more gambling boxes in MMO's. *shrugs*
lol. The odds of winning good loot are ludicrously high. You want to see the opposite: TCG. The one cool bunker or vehicle and you'd better be prepared to pay through the nose or shell out millions of credits. Like others said, buy the stuff off of GTN, it's dirt cheap now the the market is flooded.

And no, the industry is already regulated thank you very much. You just need to learn self control and release that these are only pixels. When the game shuts down - POOF! all gone.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Goretzu
11.18.2012 , 01:18 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
That's what gambling relies on though, if you think about it logically you don't do it, but people don't.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Smashbrother
11.18.2012 , 01:44 PM | #27
Or maybe the guy just makes more money than you?

TheRealCandyMan
11.18.2012 , 02:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Because you decided to go the fail Battle Master Bag route, people aren't going to bother with the gambling anymore.

The point of the market I thought was to provide a few extra things for people to use their coins on. Now instead of wanting to keep money in your pockets, I predict that no one is going to dish out anymore for the the rolling of the bags. I can see them going to 3rd party sites to buy credits (cheaper than your cartel coins) and just buying whatever they want that way.

If you're wanting a continued successful in-game store for people to dump their money into, make it worthwhile, or else they're just going to go to 3rd party websites that can ACTUALLY OFFER THEM the things they want.
Are you kidding? Literally EVERYONE I've talked to has loved the random bag idea and has spent money on it. Bioware, from a financial point of view, hit a homerun with what they did. They've made so much money from cartel coins.

Smashbrother
11.18.2012 , 02:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Because you decided to go the fail Battle Master Bag route, people aren't going to bother with the gambling anymore.

The point of the market I thought was to provide a few extra things for people to use their coins on. Now instead of wanting to keep money in your pockets, I predict that no one is going to dish out anymore for the the rolling of the bags. I can see them going to 3rd party sites to buy credits (cheaper than your cartel coins) and just buying whatever they want that way.

If you're wanting a continued successful in-game store for people to dump their money into, make it worthwhile, or else they're just going to go to 3rd party websites that can ACTUALLY OFFER THEM the things they want.
The BM bag was a terrible idea because that was for items you needed to play. The cash shop bags are completely superfluous items that are not necessary at all.

Oh, and it's making BW/EA tons of money. Working as intended.

TheRealCandyMan
11.18.2012 , 02:17 PM | #30
If someone is going to blow $600 on something that entertains them, what does it matter? Almost everything people buy for entertainment is "useless"