Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"gift" upgrades

tpryan
11.17.2012 , 11:15 AM | #1
A family member just started playing and I would like to send him a copy of the game and /or some cartel coins
...is this possible? I know I could get him a hard copy of the game cheap from amazon but I would prefer to do it
In game

Varium
11.17.2012 , 11:16 AM | #2
You can give him Weekly passes atleast. Guild mate gave Weekly pass to warzone to his bother.
50 V Legacy

CelCawdro
11.17.2012 , 11:21 AM | #3
You can buy him anything in the cartel shop and send it over to his character after a day and a bit (account unlocks included). I'm pretty sure that you cannot directly subscribe or give cartel coins to him, however.

tpryan
11.17.2012 , 12:04 PM | #4
Not exactly what I am looking for...I am trying to upgrade his game...sending him items won't do that.

KurganNazzir
11.17.2012 , 12:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
Not exactly what I am looking for...I am trying to upgrade his game...sending him items won't do that.
So you are wanting to turn them from free to preferred? You can't gift cartel coins in-game but if you live in the States, you can go to Best Buy or Gamestop and purchase a cartel coins card. Or, you can find a cheap copy of the game to buy them and they'll get the 30-day sub which should put them at preferred after the 30-day, as I understand it. You could also buy them a game time card so they'll be a subscriber for 60-days and then preferred after if they don't continue to sub.

These are the only options I can think of right now.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

tpryan
11.17.2012 , 12:09 PM | #6
No double post for me :-)
Yeah I will probably grab a physical copy...too bad bioware doesn't have some kind of in game gifting

CelCawdro
11.17.2012 , 12:10 PM | #7
You could always buy him a physical time card.