Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

problem with character slots

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
problem with character slots
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
11.16.2012 , 05:01 PM | #81 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks! This should now be resolved for all accounts. Thank you for your patience!

Cenozos
11.16.2012 , 05:11 PM | #82
I agree that it should be resolved, but it isn't. :P
Still can't make a new character on a server where I have 0 characters.
╬╬╬╬\

JovethGonzalez
11.16.2012 , 05:15 PM | #83 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Cenozos View Post
I agree that it should be resolved, but it isn't. :P
Still can't make a new character on a server where I have 0 characters.
There may be some fringe cases, which we will continue to resolve on an ongoing basis. Remember that Preferred and FTP players are allowed 2 characters per account (not server).

Cenozos
11.16.2012 , 05:21 PM | #84
Whoa, really? I was under the impression it was 2 per SERVER for preferred. I guess that's my issue, then. Thank you!
╬╬╬╬\

CountZeus
11.16.2012 , 05:44 PM | #85
good lord, you all. they know there is an issue and they are working on it. whining about it after they have had maybe a day to work on it since they acknowledged i isnt going to help them fix it any faster.

there is probably something in the code for the f2p aspect of the game that is bugged, and they have to find it. since the game itself is nearly 20 gb of data, that is a lot of code to search thru.

I know you want to play with new chars, but until they fix the issue, you can still play with your other char you didn't delete, until they fix the issue. it may be something as simple as a server refresh that when they do their weekly maintenance will clear it out, or it may be something quite complex. computer code is difficult enough to learn to do for basic stuff, but when you've got a major game, sometimes things in update patches, can conflict with code that was in the game before the patch.

not to start a pissing match, just saying since people keep sayin they have problems and are mad because it isn't fixed yet. at least you all can get into the game. i've had to uninstall my game because the patcher stalls when installing the newest patch and freezes up my computer. re installing the game is going to take several hours after installing the game from disk, and the downloading all the patch content that they've put out since the game was put to disk which was before launch.

SveinEternity
11.16.2012 , 05:49 PM | #86
Update: Instead of deleting 14 characters I only have to delete 1 but get this I have 0 characters.... It's almost fixed but not yet
The Eternity Legacy

Altairien
11.16.2012 , 06:15 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
There may be some fringe cases, which we will continue to resolve on an ongoing basis. Remember that Preferred and FTP players are allowed 2 characters per account (not server).
Per account and not per server? That's just silly.

SveinEternity
11.16.2012 , 07:23 PM | #88
Oh... I thought the point of F2P was to let F2Pers expirence ALL the story the game had to offer and keep the slots at the original 8...
The Eternity Legacy

Laurreth
11.17.2012 , 08:58 AM | #89
Remember that Preferred and FTP players are allowed 2 characters per account (not server).
I see that I'm not the only one who couldn't divine that from what was said in the past.

Now it seems rather harsh again. Granted, you could just sub for a month, grab preferred status, create a whole lot of dummy chars, and have at it, but it's still surprising.

Daedricon
11.17.2012 , 02:56 PM | #90
So basically its another "pay us now wall" you hit, how do they expect us to try out the classes and find one we like to make us invest your time and money into it? Making two characters and playing through their origin worlds or beyond then deleting them to make two new ones that are different classes seems like a waste. The cap should be four not two characters. Granted there's 8 classes in all but each one is basically a copy of the other across the two factions. The key to successfully having a F2P system is to lure the customer into wanting to invest not handicapping them to frustrate the customer into paying money. It's the whole point for demos to come out before certain games release, you try it before you buy it. How can you try all of the classes out if you can only make 2 at a time.

If these new servers they have are so good why are the character slots so limited? They went from 20+ from launch and now 8. If these are "mega servers" they don't seem all that mega to me.