Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Drop Rate Cartel Packs

DarthBuckets
11.16.2012 , 01:36 PM | #1
"Rare" items are classified in two ways in the Cartel Packs:
Rare
Super-Rare

Both on the PTS and on live, myself and my guildmates opened many Cartel packs. While testing on PTS, we noticed that we all ended up with extra Advanced Pink-Purple Indestructible Crystals and very low amounts (if any) of the other Pink-Purple stat options, White crystals, or other "Super Rare" items.

Since this is simply qualitative data, when the patch hit live several of us tracked the exact items we got in the patch.

Out of packs tracked that I've personally opened or my guildies have opened, we've received Advanced Pink-Purple Indestructible Crystal a disproportionate amount of times: 11/88 packs that we've explicitly tracked. Nearly everyone in guild who opened more than 10 packs got at least 1 of these crystals.

While this data set is small, is there a way to look into seeing if this is functioning as intended?

Is there an intended drop rate for items (X% of a super rare) that can be provided?

Are all super rare items supposed to have the same drop chance?

HammersteinSW
11.16.2012 , 01:43 PM | #2
30k points burnt on packs. 2x Nihilus mask, about 8 pink crystals, 1 monkey-lizard, 1 crime lord title.

Not really worth investing into it.

DarkhorseForLife
11.16.2012 , 03:06 PM | #3
That's not what he was saying. He is surmising there is a problem with the pink crystals giving you endurance.

I opened 40+ boxes, got 7 indestructible crystals and no other crystals. Other guild members reporting the same. Seems more than suspect given the sample size.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Asavrede
11.16.2012 , 03:55 PM | #4
Same in my guild today - lots of indestructible (relatively speaking) and nothing else.

Also lots of those casual wear bottoms, though - disproportionately many compared to almost any other wearable item (even from the same set).