Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a Star Wars Macgyver?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is there a Star Wars Macgyver?

Wolfninjajedi
11.12.2012 , 12:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
When I re-read your post I gave it a second thought perhaps a character that was very resourceful would be cool in the SWU. I could see something like that working. It's that when things get to the "McGuyer" level of impossible resourcefulness that things get cheesy.
Well ok maybe not exactly like MacGyver, but someone like him is probably what I am suggesting for a character.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

JekRendar
11.12.2012 , 12:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Not entirely sure your getting what I am saying here. You know who Macgyver is right? Am talking about using things like, a paperclip to diffuse a bomb.
/facepalm

Yes, and I also know a thing or two about Canon. My point is that, like others have said, a Star Wars MacGyver doesn't exist. The closest you can come is what I listed.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Wolfninjajedi
11.12.2012 , 07:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
/facepalm

Yes, and I also know a thing or two about Canon. My point is that, like others have said, a Star Wars MacGyver doesn't exist. The closest you can come is what I listed.
So thats why they make an actual Macgyver like character. Not as cheesy, but someone pretty close.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Thylbanus
11.12.2012 , 07:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Han Solo took a broken down old freighter and made her into the fastest ship in the galaxy. Noa Briqualon fought the sword-wielding King Terak with a walking stick...and then went to sell Quaker Oats.
Actually that was Lando that turned that hunk of junk into what it is. Han just won it in a card game.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Eillack
11.13.2012 , 09:26 PM | #15
I'd say Han and Chewie...the ability to keep their ship in one piece was nothign close to a miracle.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Liquidacid
11.14.2012 , 07:26 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Actually that was Lando that turned that hunk of junk into what it is. Han just won it in a card game.
not really... most of the real nice modifications were done after Lando lost it... tho technically the nicest one (the hyperdrive) wasn't done by either Lando or Han... Han paid someone to do it

oh and I hate Macgyver...
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

LukeSaberRattler
11.14.2012 , 07:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellan View Post
R2-D2 is Batman.
I'M BATMAN!! Droids can't be the dark knight!
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

CassusVerda
11.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #18
I'm kind of glad there isn't a Macgyver character....mostly because Star Wars has ENOUGH knockoff characters in the EU as is.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus