Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions ready for romance? (SGR?! Oh noes!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Companions ready for romance? (SGR?! Oh noes!)

ZaraGrace
11.11.2012 , 05:53 PM | #21
Just FYI - I'm pretty sure that "courting gifts" have nothing to do with romancing and are just another type of gift like "trophy" or "imperial memorabilia"

stormdrakelord
11.12.2012 , 06:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGnome View Post
Yes, well. Bowdaar gets affection with Courting gifts from the Smuggler, and I don't think he's going to be a romance option.
yes well, Kaliyo seems glad to just be long for the ride, and I hear she talks a lot about past boyfriends, while Raina does not mention any past romances at all.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Arodin
11.13.2012 , 02:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaraGrace View Post
Just FYI - I'm pretty sure that "courting gifts" have nothing to do with romancing and are just another type of gift like "trophy" or "imperial memorabilia"
I've heard this before, but that's not always true. It seems that some characters only accept courting gifts if you are romancing, some don't care, some only accept them from the opposite sex, some don't care. It's kind of random.

I have a male Bounty Hunter and I decided not to have the romance with Mako, and now she doesn't accept courting gifts. On the other hand, I have a female consular and I declined to romance Theran, but he still does accept courting gifts, and I think he also accepts them from male characters.

In case you're interested, according to info I got online here's a list of companions that accept courting gifts from both male and female characters. It's quite random:
Spoiler

Miorum
11.16.2012 , 07:13 AM | #24
Interestingly, I haven't seen anybody say Mako yet!

On my fem. Bounty Hunter I got a compliment on how well I wore my armor - and several other little things that make me feel as if Mako sees you as more than just a pal or more than just an idol. I was so sad to discover a lack of SGR - it would've worked!
Miorum Dustmoore - Scoundrel
I'll only play "Sawbones" if I can take and sell your kidneys.