Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HK-51 bigger returns for Aim or Cunning?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 bigger returns for Aim or Cunning?

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
11.15.2012 , 10:37 PM | #1
So i just got my HK-51 Droid companion, i have all the maths for the Assasins Droid gear and one big doubt, will he do better with cunning gear? because right now he has a base stat of 250 of Cunning and 100 of Aim, plus to make me more confused his weapons are Cunning based,it was intended to be a mix? so i want to hear other peoples opnion on this before making any piece of gear, so any ideais out there? would be wise to equip him in a full set of Aim or cunning? or keep his weapons as cunning and get the Assassin Droid Gear lv 67? focusing on one of these stats would be more beneficial? someone help me here \o

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
11.16.2012 , 12:54 AM | #2
no one has nothing about this? or are people just too focused on the cartel market?

Argure's Avatar


Argure
11.16.2012 , 01:17 AM | #3
He gets an equal increase to his damage from Aim and Cunning; as in: each point in Cunning will give him 0.20 DPS and each point in Aim will give him 0.20 DPS.

However, in an ideal situation you would use both stats. This, because a main stat also gives additional crit chance, however this is on a diminishing return scale. What this means: 700 Aim + 700 Cunning = same amount of raw DPS, but more crit chance, than 1400 Aim and 0 Cunning, for instance. Try to balance out both stats for maximal returns.
SORCERER ARGURE CLOUDFALL PROPHECY O/T FIVE
EBONLORE
Progression raiding and development. Don't be a wimp. STEP INTO THE DARK
.

finelinebob's Avatar


finelinebob
11.16.2012 , 01:30 AM | #4
Dulfy.net has a nice guide, as usual, to the new stuff in 1.5 including the new Cybertech L400 droid component schematics that can now be purchased with Daily Commendations. All require Grade 8 purple and blue crafting components, btw. Any, my point here is that all of those tasty new parts all have Aim as their primary stat. There are basically 2 sets for a DPS companion and 2 sets for a Tank companion, depending on how you want to kit out your droid.

But, if you're getting yourself an HK-51 and you do what needs to be done to get Enriched Durasteel, Molecular Stabilizers and Synthetic Energy Matrices (and you know a Cybertech who gets the several hundred daily comms to buy just one set of the schematics), then you may want to go Aim on the other pieces of gear you put on HK as well.

I guess there is a bit of a vanity issue here as well. Do you want HK to use a Sniper Rifle or a Blaster Rifle? Nice to know (as the previous poster tells) that HK can use either, and that the Cunning on the Sniper Rifle counts as much as the Aim on the Blaster. Too bad he can't use assault cannons or dual-wield pistols....
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
11.16.2012 , 12:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Argure View Post
He gets an equal increase to his damage from Aim and Cunning; as in: each point in Cunning will give him 0.20 DPS and each point in Aim will give him 0.20 DPS.

However, in an ideal situation you would use both stats. This, because a main stat also gives additional crit chance, however this is on a diminishing return scale. What this means: 700 Aim + 700 Cunning = same amount of raw DPS, but more crit chance, than 1400 Aim and 0 Cunning, for instance. Try to balance out both stats for maximal returns.
Thank you very much for your anwers, i was thinking that, so you think it would be nice if i had the all of the Assasin droid gear made, but instead of going aim with the barrels for both OH and MH i should just make the 63s barrels cunning based and keeping the mods and enhacements also cunning? and btw is there diminishing returns for main stats on companions?

Pepperawr's Avatar


Pepperawr
11.16.2012 , 01:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Argure View Post
He gets an equal increase to his damage from Aim and Cunning; as in: each point in Cunning will give him 0.20 DPS and each point in Aim will give him 0.20 DPS.

However, in an ideal situation you would use both stats. This, because a main stat also gives additional crit chance, however this is on a diminishing return scale. What this means: 700 Aim + 700 Cunning = same amount of raw DPS, but more crit chance, than 1400 Aim and 0 Cunning, for instance. Try to balance out both stats for maximal returns.
Great post, my compliments.
CE fancypants.

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
11.16.2012 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
Thank you very much for your anwers, i was thinking that, so you think it would be nice if i had the all of the Assasin droid gear made, but instead of going aim with the barrels for both OH and MH i should just make the 63s barrels cunning based and keeping the mods and enhacements also cunning? and btw is there diminishing returns for main stats on companions?
i've heard ppl say stack both so you get higher crit return idk if it's better to stack 1 or both but i'm just winging it and stacking both for the time being since idk what is better but i figure since he is a compaion as long as he's decetnly geared he is fine doesn't need to be min/max
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Argure's Avatar


Argure
11.16.2012 , 05:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
Thank you very much for your anwers, i was thinking that, so you think it would be nice if i had the all of the Assasin droid gear made, but instead of going aim with the barrels for both OH and MH i should just make the 63s barrels cunning based and keeping the mods and enhacements also cunning? and btw is there diminishing returns for main stats on companions?
Personally I'm just sticking with orange gear to do some stat itemization you can't do but the schematics. But yeah, if you use the schematics, you'll probably want to go Cunning on the MH and OH.
SORCERER ARGURE CLOUDFALL PROPHECY O/T FIVE
EBONLORE
Progression raiding and development. Don't be a wimp. STEP INTO THE DARK
.

Eelum's Avatar


Eelum
11.17.2012 , 04:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by finelinebob View Post
I guess there is a bit of a vanity issue here as well. Do you want HK to use a Sniper Rifle or a Blaster Rifle? Nice to know (as the previous poster tells) that HK can use either, and that the Cunning on the Sniper Rifle counts as much as the Aim on the Blaster. Too bad he can't use assault cannons or dual-wield pistols....
The Cunning will count for the same amount of bonus damage and crit as the Aim but if you take a barrel out of any sniper rifle and place it into any blaster rifle you'll notice a significant drop in the damage range. This is because sniper rifles in general have a higher damage rating than blaster rifles. It's no different for HK-51. He's proficient with both (just like a Sniper Agent class or a Commando with Assault Cannons) but realistically you'd never want to equip him with a blaster rifle over a sniper rifle.
""I am of the Mando'ade; the fight is everything. And I am good at everything."―Rohlan Dyre

Sydexlic's Avatar


Sydexlic
11.26.2012 , 07:23 AM | #10
I think HK is bugged however, when you mouse over his critical chance, you get crit from rating, and then above that it says his crit chance from strength, not cunning, or aim, but from strength.