Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Replayable storyline

Shaladain
11.13.2012 , 10:33 AM | #1
I'm an altaholic, and I play this game for the story. Without giving away too much spoilers, which classes have the best replayability. By that I mean the second playthough if you choose the opposite alignment etc will have a completely different story. I only say alignment because I don't know what else will make a difference.

My initial thoughts are that smuggler and trooper are not going to change much but knight and warrior have potential.

kalistea
11.13.2012 , 11:41 AM | #2
I would say imperial agent, the story can take a very different turn depending on your alignment.

And also your gender, I'm leveling a male agent now and he definitely has way more flirting opportunities than my female agent

Negranit
11.13.2012 , 06:11 PM | #3
Imperial Agent is the one.

bright_ephemera
11.13.2012 , 08:42 PM | #4
Imperial Agent has staggering differences between LS and DS, including different cutscene scenarios and different quests, and also has a viable grey path.

Sith Warrior has a few scenes that offer you distinct events based on your LS/DS alignment.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Shaladain
11.14.2012 , 12:57 PM | #5
Lovely, so far I've been going middle of the road with my agent. LOL

Pernicia
11.14.2012 , 01:57 PM | #6
Agent definitely. You can fight 1 of 2 bosses at the end of Act 1. There are numerous different cutscenes, dialogue options, and even quests based on choices made. There's even 3 distinct endings.

**DO NOT read the spoiler tags if you don't want to know what they are.**

Spoiler
Pernici the Furious
<Night Stalkers>
Server: The Harbinger

Willhousefour
11.14.2012 , 04:01 PM | #7
I agree with Agent has large replayability but not so much based on accumulated alignment - IE you could go through the game making mostly LS decisions, but a few key DS decisions would sway some of the key story points (and vice versa). I wouldn't rule out Sith Warrior, and that's simply based on what I've seen in Act 1. The Tatooine storyline and Act 1 conclusions certainly take alignment into account. Also, I believe your Jedi companion can either be swayed LS/DS based on your decisions/conversations (I haven't observed this first hand).

Shaladain
11.14.2012 , 11:34 PM | #8
So Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent. Nothing on the Republic side?

Khayleth
11.16.2012 , 02:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaladain View Post
So Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent. Nothing on the Republic side?
Trooper has a significant number of differences based on the path you take between Light and Dark.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

BlakeCloudrunner
11.18.2012 , 05:01 PM | #10
Sith inquisitor. Being able to start of as a slave and work your way to the top was amazing i'd love to do it again