Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Section X and HK-51 Missions in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Section X and HK-51 Missions in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evgen
11.14.2012 , 08:15 PM | #41
Escaping from reality for a bit, I think you guys really need to release everything at once, go back in time, clone yourselves, and release an infinite amount of content every few months. And everything should work for everything.
Everything should affect PVP, PVE, vanity pets, RP and just standing around doing nothing. Get that done last year ok?

And I know that Bioware really believe that their in game fictional characters really exerted mass mind control ever you real people to make you believe that the Fatality was on Hoth, you can see the codec? Mind Control, you can remember getting it in beta? Mind Control. Any of you sillies out there that think that was a bit of a joke about them moving the location of the ship, mind control. And by the way, (waves hand) these are not the forums you are looking for.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

hunterraaze
11.14.2012 , 08:38 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Is there any chance that we could see the end to the Dread Masters.

As much fun as it is

Spoiler

It feels like its played itself out now and it would be good to get back to the galactic civil war that is raging. For a star wars game there seems to be very little of the wars in it at the moment (with space as it is little of stars either) with most the recent enemies being mad scientists and their rakghoul plagues, gree and their aquisitions race, same faction pvp warzones, no open world warzones, corrupt Correllians, Dreadmaster stooges, Dreadmasters hypergates and now Dreadmasters guards.

So would it be possible to see more in the way of Imperial vs Republic. The war is ment to have started and it would be good for this to be something tied to end game and brought to the fore. Rather than Republic and Imperials constantly joining forces against a common foe.
I totally agree with you. That was one of the big things about this era, making it my favorite in SW, the sith empire fighting the republic. Sure you get a few encounters when leveling up, but nothing on the scale of what it should be.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia

Kazaganthis
11.14.2012 , 08:48 PM | #43
We might think the Fatality wreck is on Hoth because it is. You can unlock the codex entry there now which tells you about the ship in front of you that has HK assassination droids in it...lol

AshlaBoga
11.14.2012 , 10:35 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by hunterraaze View Post
I totally agree with you. That was one of the big things about this era, making it my favorite in SW, the sith empire fighting the republic. Sure you get a few encounters when leveling up, but nothing on the scale of what it should be.
I'm a completionist - not for pets or Vehicles, but for missions (what can I say, I really like doing every single mission at least once, it's my primary focus in SWTOR). As a result I've noticed just how prevelant the Dread Masters are: Belsavis, Imperials are on the planet to free them and Republic are there to try and retake the prison and restore order. The Eternity Vault - the same bombing run that started the Imperial attempt to free them freed Soa (so in trying to free one imprisoned evil we freed another even older evil... cliché but I like it). Karagga's Palace, he turned on everyone because the DMs invaded his space and he thought it was us. Explosive Content they took control of Kephess. Terror from Beyond they're trying to "Sow Fear." And in [Scum & Villainy] they're recruiting the Hutt Cartel and the Geohardian and we have to kill them (I thought I already killed the Geoharidan as Revan). So after that there's 1 more Operation and then we finally end them on [Lethon/Rakata Prime].

2 more Operations and we can get a new main enemy - please make it Revan. Please, Please, Please *crosses fingers*

Note: Anything in brackets is datamined content.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Joehovah
11.14.2012 , 10:50 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
We might think the Fatality wreck is on Hoth because it is. You can unlock the codex entry there now which tells you about the ship in front of you that has HK assassination droids in it...lol
This guy beat me to the punch. I really hope this was a clue or a joke on the writers behalf, rather than a serious *** moment.

Obianon
11.14.2012 , 11:04 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Is there any chance that we could see the end to the Dread Masters.

As much fun as it is

It feels like its played itself out now and it would be good to get back to the galactic civil war that is raging. For a star wars game there seems to be very little of the wars in it at the moment (with space as it is little of stars either) with most the recent enemies being mad scientists and their rakghoul plagues, gree and their aquisitions race, same faction pvp warzones, no open world warzones, corrupt Correllians, Dreadmaster stooges, Dreadmasters hypergates and now Dreadmasters guards.

So would it be possible to see more in the way of Imperial vs Republic. The war is ment to have started and it would be good for this to be something tied to end game and brought to the fore. Rather than Republic and Imperials constantly joining forces against a common foe.
I whole heartedly agree with this assessment. The endgame story should be focused on major battles in an ongoing war...things like we saw in Master Gnost Dural's journal. Also, I'd like to see more done with Korriban and especially Tython. The birthplace of the Jedi/Sith Order's should be more than just a starting area.

fordpre
11.15.2012 , 07:06 PM | #47
Well all I can say is whoever had the bright idea of putting HK-51 quest items in the PVP zone has cost you my sub. I gave the game another try but this has annoyed me enough to unsub. Oh well MMOs steal too much of your time anyways.

Evgen
11.16.2012 , 12:15 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by fordpre View Post
Well all I can say is whoever had the bright idea of putting HK-51 quest items in the PVP zone has cost you my sub. I gave the game another try but this has annoyed me enough to unsub. Oh well MMOs steal too much of your time anyways.
I realized today this was probably fully intentional. As an MMO producer you have to give something to every type of player to keep them happy. And the scum sucking camping ganker group is not insignificant.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

terzappi
11.16.2012 , 02:04 AM | #49
where are the new space missions?

Timarick
11.16.2012 , 04:30 AM | #50
Section X is great, not a fan of having to PVP my way through to get a part for HK-51 when I'm in an (admittedly RP) PVE server, when all I got is recruit level pvp stuff with gankers hanging around... Aka cyber-bullies with too much time on their hands and even more impotence. But all in all, very good.

Problem? FIX F2P! When a game like DC Universe Online (over at SOE, the ULTIMATE FAIL MMO COMPANY) can loudly and proudly say "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!" and make money off THEIR f2p model, you have done something wrong with the picture. Notice how subbers are the ones complaining? Because WE actually WANT the game to succeed.