Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Dwindling Dev Tracker

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
11.14.2012 , 08:36 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
More correctly I encourage people to self-manage their expectations in accordance with reality. And I say it because at the end of the day, missed expectations are self-inflicted. Nobody can set an expecation within you unless you consent to and accept said expectation. They can offer, but only you can accept and install an expectation within yourself. It's why human beings can reason and have free will of thought and feeling.
"Self-manage their expectations"?? Really?? Pseudo-philosophical claptrap that completely slides past the point that the communication on certain issues, such as SGRAs, has been abysmal. And what's worse, it's so consistently abysmal that I don't anticipate much, if any, improvement.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.14.2012 , 08:44 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
"Self-manage their expectations"?? Really?? Pseudo-philosophical claptrap that completely slides past the point that the communication on certain issues, such as SGRAs, has been abysmal. And what's worse, it's so consistently abysmal that I don't anticipate much, if any, improvement.
Actually it's a fundamental component in the field of psychology, a well established arm of behavioral science & treatment, not Pseudo-philosophical claptrap.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
11.14.2012 , 09:05 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Actually it's a fundamental component in the field of psychology, a well established arm of behavioral science & treatment, not Pseudo-philosophical claptrap.
Are you trained in the field of psychology and qualified to help people "self-manage their expectations"? If so, I'll retract my characterization.

Let me clarify. I like this game. I play it a lot when I'm home. I am actually a fan of the developer updates they've been releasing and would like to see more of them. I am not a fan of the way they have consistently avoided any communication on the subject of SGRAs. However, at this point, they've been so consistant that I don't expect any better. My respect for their willingness to communicate on the issue is nil. That would be adjusting my expectations to fit reality, you see.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

simplius's Avatar


simplius
11.14.2012 , 10:34 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
More correctly I encourage people to self-manage their expectations in accordance with reality. And I say it because at the end of the day, missed expectations are self-inflicted. Nobody can set an expecation within you unless you consent to and accept said expectation. They can offer, but only you can accept and install an expectation within yourself. It's why human beings can reason and have free will of thought and feeling.
those "high expectations" sold the 2.5 mio boxes,,Daves space mmo from DaveArts would prolly only

have sold around 500k,,did BW sell all those boxes "by accident"?,,no,,did they hype it?,, yes

and thats the problem,,this IS like Dave would have made it