Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

Vicen
11.14.2012 , 04:28 PM | #31
If they dont have new personal storylines or new story lines on planets by the time Elder Scrolls MMO comes out...count me out of this game!
Swooping...is...bad...

Piam
11.14.2012 , 04:28 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
I would hope so. You would have to be clinically sick to want a game to fail and pay to watch it.
Describing yourself?

99% of your posts are about spreading negativity.

You're the opposite extreme of Andryah.

uaintjak
11.14.2012 , 04:34 PM | #33
I think people are here because they like the game but hate the lack of anything concrete coming from the infomation department, creating a paradox.

They love the game, hate the people making it.

CosmicKat
11.14.2012 , 04:39 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
The fraction of endgame raiders is such a tiny one, I agree they should concentrate on non-combat activities instead and revamping the planets and make them worlds instead of static corridor leveling zones, as well as getting the SSSP out ASAP.

Well nothing that hasnīt been suggested by tons of players 12 months ago, right?
What happened? Nothing.
Well put.

Revamping the planets and the whole levelling process would "save" this game IMO.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Everyone who plays the game must go through the levelling process. If you are a PvE or PvP player, a raider, a story junkie, or even a roleplayer you have no other choice but to play the levelling game. Since it is the ONLY part of the game everyone must play, it should get the lion's share of attention as it is really the game's weakest area.

Nothing will retain and entertain more players than a compelling levelling game.

Raideag
11.14.2012 , 05:11 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Well put.

Revamping the planets and the whole levelling process would "save" this game IMO.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Everyone who plays the game must go through the levelling process. If you are a PvE or PvP player, a raider, a story junkie, or even a roleplayer you have no other choice but to play the levelling game. Since it is the ONLY part of the game everyone must play, it should get the lion's share of attention as it is really the game's weakest area.

Nothing will retain and entertain more players than a compelling levelling game.
Which to me is weird considering the leveling game is what Bioware considers their best stuff! o.0
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

Elear
11.14.2012 , 05:28 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
Maybe because those who do want more Op's and FP's are still playing the game?
And you know, this actually is related to this thread.

Game goes in certain direction. Like in this case, expanding Ops. Some people realize this and other stuff game tries to do is not what they are looking for, and they leave. Even better, most of them do this peacefully, without "omg this sucks I quit"
Then, there are others.They hate evey aspect of the game, and consider it their holy mission to change game to their liking. In that logic, anything else will make game fail, so yes, they too want game to succed.
Obviously, there are also people that don't like only one thing about one part, something that can realistically be changed, and they like everyone want game to succeed.
But don't worry, it's easy to tell them apart. You see people that play game they like or don't play if they don't like it, are smart. So if they do play game they don't like, they have to be not-smart. Now it's all about finding signs. There are some hints:
Is it smart to adress your post at developers and insult them in begining of it, middle and at the end?
Who knows more about running MMO, person doing it for living for N years for or person that only plays MMO? And why BW does/doesn't emply that person?
Is it smart to assume that if I don't enjoy this particular piece of content nobody else will?

Now, I'm not saying everyone that has issues with game should leave it or keep silient, but they should at least think before writing. Because they are like 8y old that will strangle his bunny and break his bones, because "I luv him soo much but he keeps running".

ChazDoit
11.14.2012 , 06:10 PM | #37
Of course I want the game to succeed, my definiton of success might be different, I don't think it's necessary to reach 5 millions subscriber to be "successful"

If they stick to their word of updating the game every 6-7 weeks with real content, if they keep a healthy population and if they release some expansions for the game, i would say the game is a success.

Maybe not from EA perspective, I'm sure they were expecting a bigger cash cow. But in my eyes, the game only needs to be fun to be successful.

Wrthlessnoob
11.14.2012 , 06:13 PM | #38
No, of course I want the game I have invested a lot of time and money in to fail.
Jedi Covenant
Bedin, Auf, Csillian, Genericjeditwat, Ex-imperial
Exacerbated, Genericsithtwat, Mandomerc, Erg, Sub-rosa

Jett-Rinn
11.14.2012 , 06:27 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
Sometimes it's hard to tell what the overall opinion is of the game. Here on the official boards, I think it's pretty clear: people aren't too terribly happy... ever.

I really hope that the underlying cause of this unhappiness is just because people want to see the game be around for a long time and succeed in the end. I'm not delusional in this thinking, am I? Everyone that's here right now and is able to post has paid for the game and has an active sub (trials aside). Please don't tell me people pay money just to see a game fail and go away forever.

#longliveTOR
I want to of course but realize that there is a contingent of Buttsore SWG nutters that will bash the game no matter what because they think they are getting some sort of revenge.
Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.14.2012 , 06:46 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
I want to of course but realize that there is a contingent of Buttsore SWG nutters that will bash the game no matter what because they think they are getting some sort of revenge.
Don't worry, people who liked SWG will continue to get absolutely nothing of interest from Bioware.
By now I'm convinced BW shares the same hate for every possible SWG feature like you do.