Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any word on paid server transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any word on paid server transfers?

SWCwall
11.14.2012 , 04:36 PM | #1
^ Title.

Anyone know anything about it?

Gawdliek
11.14.2012 , 04:42 PM | #2
I'd also like to know :S Cause all my friends are on a whole other server, and I'd love to get to play with them with my main instead of leveling a whole new character. (I know the free transfer existed a while ago, but I wasnt around then ) - I would even pay for a transfer

Graydon
11.14.2012 , 04:59 PM | #3
These absurd threads requesting a character transfer update are getting very annoying.

Bioware said back in April it was a feature that is coming soon. I swear the lack of patience of kids these days!!

Bet they texting while driving too.

Katsuragisama
11.14.2012 , 05:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
These absurd threads requesting a character transfer update are getting very annoying.

Bioware said back in April it was a feature that is coming soon. I swear the lack of patience of kids these days!!

Bet they texting while driving too.
So, people cant ask a question after 7 months?

But yeah, obviously they wont come with 1.5, but they are being worked on. Expect no further explaination beyond: Soon™.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Sotof
11.14.2012 , 05:21 PM | #5
If they ever do this (which I hope) then it NEEDS to be cross-region.
My name is not Bob.

SWCwall
11.14.2012 , 05:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post
So, people cant ask a question after 7 months?

But yeah, obviously they wont come with 1.5, but they are being worked on. Expect no further explaination beyond: Soon™.
Exactly how I felt when I read his reply lol.

Sanctioned
11.14.2012 , 05:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SWCwall View Post
Exactly how I felt when I read his reply lol.
Call me crazy, but I detect a faint hint of pro-level sarcasm.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

FourTwent
11.14.2012 , 05:46 PM | #8
as usual. i agree. where are the paid transfers. i really did think they were going to be in 1.5(until i saw it on the PTS). maybe 1.6?

Katsuragisama
11.14.2012 , 08:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
as usual. i agree. where are the paid transfers. i really did think they were going to be in 1.5(until i saw it on the PTS). maybe 1.6?
I'm not surprised they're in 1.5. 1.5 is the launch of F2P, and they expect 50 million people to play the game when F2P hits. Cause it's awesome, everyone loves it and wants to play it.

They are taking the wait and see approach with paid transfers just as they are with poor APAC server populations. It makes sense for a game that has just launched. As allowing people to transfer would cause more unstability in server populations. However, for a game thats been out for a while and is going F2P, I doubt they'll get much more than they have now. Taking the wait and see approach in this situation, will more than likely hurt them.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 08:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SWCwall View Post
^ Title.

Anyone know anything about it?
http://www.swtor.com/community/searc...archid=3037431

Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.