Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Day 1 of F2P Predictions

nartiuslightlord
11.14.2012 , 01:07 PM | #11
I will help and meet allot of new players. I will avoid the forums for at least a week. F2P will be a hit and the naysayers will find something new to complain about for the next year. meanwhile I will be getting called "meat bag" allot and living in a star wars universe.

Life is good.
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

Dainter
11.14.2012 , 01:13 PM | #12
Predictions:

Section X will be bugged and the missions won't work.

Prices on the auction house for cartel items will start at the insane and then go insanely low then stabilize.

At least 3 times per hour someone will ask in general chat "where do i get my house?"

EA will be counting lots of money.

EA will be deciding whether to keep releasing new stuff or just cash out now.

waterdaemon
11.14.2012 , 01:21 PM | #13
I just thought I'd share this story... I logged on last night mainly to check out the GTN. I had huge, huge lag. The kind where the game sends you to your own personal Imperial Fleet gulag, and you have to stand alone and motionless waiting for the final kick back to the server screen. I restarted, and it happened again. Checked my connection and everything came up OK, yet it happened again.

Then I started thinking about hordes of F2Pers starting out, and incompetent BW having no idea how to handle the additional tax on the servers. I had a big ol’ rant brewing on the nerd range. I was going to QQ and threaten and cry salty nerd tears all over the forum and I know damn well I’d have had a chorus of support for blaming all my frustrations on F2P and BW.

For no good reason, because I already knew who to blame, I did a tracert. Instead of the proof I was looking for, I had a horror show moment like in When a Stranger Calls… the lag was inside the house. The why and the how is above my head, but my wireless card was reporting a good connection even though it wasn’t “N” or 5GHz. There’s nothing wrong with a 2.4GHz network per se, except when you know you aren’t running one. I reinstalled my Intel drivers, restarted, and the whole problem went away.

I expect a lot of witch hunting and futile nerd rage… like the kind I narrowly avoided Oh, and the massive devaluing of GTN items as attention and the initial glut of coins goes to the cartel market.

Graydon
11.14.2012 , 01:25 PM | #14
I predict players will demand Bioware to open up hundreds of servers.

Eillack
11.14.2012 , 01:34 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I predict the QQ volume to go down on these forums on day 1 due, to Freeples not being able to post!
I predict the forums dying.

Freeborne
11.14.2012 , 01:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dainter View Post
Predictions:

Section X will be bugged and the missions won't work.

Prices on the auction house for cartel items will start at the insane and then go insanely low then stabilize.

At least 3 times per hour someone will ask in general chat "where do i get my house?"

EA will be counting lots of money.

EA will be deciding whether to keep releasing new stuff or just cash out now.
House?
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

GalacticKegger
11.14.2012 , 01:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
LMAO! Here's what happened the last time players did that very thing:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254

A perfect example of why Bioware needs to stick to their guns and not bow to forum rants.
Peace out . . .

Rafaman
11.14.2012 , 01:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
Lol! And there will be clamoring for free transfers to less populated servers! ROLF!

Dainter
11.14.2012 , 01:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
House?
Because new players won't know that you don't get houses in this game.

TUXs
11.14.2012 , 01:48 PM | #20
I predict a fun night in General Chat on the Fleets. Forums will be quiet, bugs and exploits will be found and fixed in 6+ weeks with the next 'patch'.

I doubt that many people are waiting for the game to go F2P...I could be wrong, but the game is only $5 these days and that includes 30-days of full access - anyone 'waiting' would probably have picked it up by now. Instead, I expect a lot of old faces/names to show up and rant in various chat channels.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)