Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Day 1 of F2P Predictions

LodSock
11.14.2012 , 12:32 PM | #1
I predict that once the Cartel Market goes live, someone will find an exploit to purchase multiple items with just 1 click or whatever, and that exploit will spread, and there will be rampant abuse. The servers will shut down to patch. And no one will be penalized.

Any other predictions? Smooth launch maybe? HA!

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 12:41 PM | #2
I don't think there will be a purchase exploit in the market.

I do however predict much QQ and breaking of teeth on teeth over server queues.

The goldilocks syndrome, MMO style: WAH! there's not enough players!.... WAH! theres queues!.... rinse and repeat because an MMO server can never have exactly the right amount of players (ie: one player less then what triggers a queue and all players standing by to be at the beck and call of goldielocks for insta-grouping, and the players must not compete with goldielocks for in game poridge either).
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Urael
11.14.2012 , 12:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I don't think there will be a purchase exploit in the market.

I do however predict much QQ and breaking of teeth on teeth over server queues.

The goldilocks syndrome, MMO style: WAH! there's not enough players!.... WAH! theres queues!.... rinse and repeat because an MMO server can never have exactly the right amount of players (ie: one player less then what triggers a queue and all players standing by to be at the beck and call of goldielocks for insta-grouping, and the players must not compete with goldielocks for in game poridge either).
I predict the QQ volume to go down on these forums on day 1 due, to Freeples not being able to post!

Quraswren
11.14.2012 , 12:45 PM | #4
Since we're just guessing:

The F2P transition will bring Elvis back
You will be able to finally wash your mogwai and feed him an after midnight snack without fear.
Vampires will once again become what vampires should be and not what current social media portrays them.
Atlantis will resurface.
Bigfoot will be found.
Aliens will finally be debunked (or proven real)
My ISP will become stable
SWTOR will make the F2P transition with little trouble.

Gomla
11.14.2012 , 12:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LodSock View Post
Any other predictions?
I predict, that when I play my game tomorrow night, everything will run smoothly.

I'll be playing Witcher 2 and that always runs smoothly.

As far as this game goes, i'm avoiding logging in for a few days after it goes down. That way if anything does (and probably will) go wrong it won't bother me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I predict the QQ volume to go down on these forums on day 1 due, to Freeples not being able to post!
The crying will go down?

*Insert lyrics to King of Wishful Thinking here*

The freebies may not be able to post but the forums has a large enough collection of whiners to more than make up for it.

Reminds of folk saying the forums would become a place of love and happiness when the game went live.

Freeborne
11.14.2012 , 12:49 PM | #6
Two things to consider:

1. SWTOR has extended the re subscription bonus to December.

2. Guild Wars 2 is doing a one time exclusive event this weekend along with their 4 day free trial.

I'm sure many people will stop by at some point to spend their cartel coins--but I don't anticipate a huge day zero rush.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 12:55 PM | #7
Depends.

Given the doom projections from some subscribers (well, alleged to continue to subscribe after F2P anyway)... all the Freebs will log in early in the day and hog the sever from all the subscribers that tr to log in after they get home from work. Doom early & doom often is still very much alive in the subscriber base here.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 12:57 PM | #8
One other prediction:

swtor.com being down for the 12 hours as well will probably cause a huge painful tremor in the force (on the internetz).

Gomla
11.14.2012 , 01:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
One other prediction:

swtor.com being down for the 12 hours as well will probably cause a huge painful tremor in the force (on the internetz).
No forums?

This cannot be.....

Say it aint so Andryah, say it aint so....

GalacticKegger
11.14.2012 , 01:02 PM | #10
I don't see the QQ volume on these forums going down because the same QQers will still be here. I predict that all F2P will do for them is give them more patch issues to publicly crucify - regardless of how big or real they are. If there are no major issues then they'll make stuff up. Their post histories support this.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu