Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What could this mean for TOR? Darth Vader to be resurrected for new Star Wars films?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What could this mean for TOR? Darth Vader to be resurrected for new Star Wars films?

Alec_Fortescue
11.14.2012 , 11:54 AM | #11
I bet Malgus will come back.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Chiltonium
11.14.2012 , 11:55 AM | #12
New operation : time warp, go to the future, FIGHT VADER.

>.> weeeeee.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

nartiuslightlord
11.14.2012 , 11:57 AM | #13
Many rumors flying around, best advice is wait until something "official" is released.
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

Andryah
11.14.2012 , 11:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
What does it mean for TOR? Nothing, nothing at all.
I agree.

Different timelines in the lore. SWTOR predates Vader by thousands of years.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Cyberwoman
11.14.2012 , 12:02 PM | #15
Although I am not as well versed in the Star Wars spin-off lore as I would like to be, its rather common to see character be brought back from the dead in sci-fi/fantasy series. I can't really see the film makers bring back Vader, or if they do it will be as a Force Ghost or via flashbacks. Even if they did bring him back, I cant see how it would effect TOR lore. If the devs want to bring back a character from the dead, they will, and if they don't want to, they wont. Vader's very unlikely return will not have any influence on their decisions I think.

Iggster
11.14.2012 , 12:06 PM | #16
TOR already has resurrection. I've died plenty of times. I was even digested instantly in a Sarlac pit.

jarjarloves
11.14.2012 , 12:12 PM | #17
it would mean absolutely nothing.

Datku
11.14.2012 , 12:14 PM | #18
So I wonder if they are going to do the next three movies to take place after RoTJ which would probably be Lia and Hans kids. Or maybe go to after part 3 but before part 4? Honestly I really hope they would do Knights of the Old Republic time line maybe a Reven trilogy....his growth as a Jedi, his turn to the dark side and the foundry, then his redemption. Seems Reven would make an awesome trilogy. Or even Darth Bane to cover the end of the mass sith and the beginning of the rule of two etc. Its a rich universe I just hope Disney doesn't throw all the canon stories to the wind and just make a Darth Micky Mouse dancing and singing Its a Small world with a bunch of Ewoks.
~~~
Krayt Dragon

Lilura 50 Sorc, Kilva 40 Sniper, Datku 40 Power Tech, Ciedoc 50 Marauder

Katsuragisama
11.14.2012 , 12:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Datku View Post
So I wonder if they are going to do the next three movies to take place after RoTJ which would probably be Lia and Hans kids. Or maybe go to after part 3 but before part 4? Honestly I really hope they would do Knights of the Old Republic time line maybe a Reven trilogy....his growth as a Jedi, his turn to the dark side and the foundry, then his redemption. Seems Reven would make an awesome trilogy. Or even Darth Bane to cover the end of the mass sith and the beginning of the rule of two etc. Its a rich universe I just hope Disney doesn't throw all the canon stories to the wind and just make a Darth Micky Mouse dancing and singing Its a Small world with a bunch of Ewoks.
God please dont let it be the last one. I would be very interested in a Darth Revan trilogy though.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

LordHartigan
11.14.2012 , 12:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post
God please dont let it be the last one. I would be very interested in a Darth Revan trilogy though.
Right now we know it will be after RotJ. This most latest of rumors, (Vader resurrection), I would be so unhappy with if they go that route. It will be a slap in the face to the fans and for a fan I can see know other way to see it other than a marketing ploy.