Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will they release 1.5 with current memory leak situation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will they release 1.5 with current memory leak situation?

Draksen
11.12.2012 , 11:39 PM | #91
Several things here:

When some say "a huge %" of players are affected by the problems I dont think they mean more than 50%.
It's not because it isnt 50+% that it isnt important.
But even 5-10% being affected by such bugs is "too much" anyway.

So some of you dont have problems? Good for you.
The thing is that if:
- the players who complain now would have had problems also before 1.4
and/or
- the players who complain now are playing on crappy computers
It would be normal to ignore these messages, and even minimize the overall impact of the bugs.

But it isnt the case. Most, if not almost all complainers had no problem what-so-ever before 1.4
And most of the them play on rigs able to run the most graphically intense games of the market without problems.

BW created a flawed code, let's just be honest and accept it, recognize it, and press them to correct it ASAP.

Some comments here sound like "how dare you complaining about our godly game made by the gods, infidel!"
Time to look at reality and accept that the game is not doing so great, and that F2P has to be a success.
"F2P option, you're our only hope!" *famous quote*
And it isnt going to work if 10, 20 or 30% of the new F2P tourists play with crappy graphics on high end computers, because let's be totally frank: they wont come here to complain, they will just uninstall and play something else.

(gratz if you understood my franglish :P)
Major Krypho Kallistis, Commando d'assaut
Krypso Kallistis, Jedi de la République Galactique
Krypto Kallistis, Capitaine contrebandier et Corsaire
Battle Méditation RP-PvE / EU - français

Burtlebe
11.13.2012 , 08:50 AM | #92
I have been hit by the disconnect several times since 1.4 where you have to jump through oops to get back on the character but until sunday hadnt seen the memory leak. Sunday I kept the game open for 8 hours and then noticed degraded performance. Checked and it was using 80% of my 16 gb of ram. Logged out and rebooted and got back on. Talked with some guidlies who have to reboot every couple hours due to it and they are using 2 gb of ram so while not a hugh leak there is something affecting folks with certain operating systems and lower amounts of ram.

I at times might be fustrated with Biowares lack of communication or the sometimes conflicting vision of where they game is going but I do have faith in thier ability to find and fixes these issues. So i am sure they will have to taken care of soon.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Alec_Fortescue
11.13.2012 , 08:56 AM | #93
Keep saying that everything is okay and we're all just on crappy computers. I hope you enjoy Ilum world PvP in The Old Republic.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

WookieIsshe
11.13.2012 , 11:51 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Keep saying that everything is okay and we're all just on crappy computers. I hope you enjoy Ilum world PvP in The Old Republic.
I never lagged on Ilum world pvp before they took it out.

Fornix
11.13.2012 , 11:53 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Which always ran fine for me anyway.
Member of <Helix>

Urael
11.13.2012 , 11:53 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
I still have to play in windowed mode or the game studders so bad that it is unplayable. Even in windowed, there is still some studder, just not as bad. I also agree with what someone said about it not being computer related. 1.4 happened and suddenly this game plays terrible, but every single other game runs just fine. Yes computer parts can go bad suddenly and with bad luck it can happen at the same time an update to a game is made, but to have that happen to thousands of people at the same time that all have the exact same problem is beyond the realm of coincidence.
^QFE! ...

Agreed. See my sig below.

Gerandar
11.13.2012 , 12:07 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
I think they will. With 1.4, my lag/FPS issues came back and PvP for me can such a f'ing pain. If 1.5 makes lag/FPS issues worse or not get any better, I can already tell you the TORtanic 2.0 will sink just like its predecessor.

"SWTOR was doing just fine, until it took a Patch 1.4 to the knee."
—Urael
I dont have any frame rate loss, or memeory leaking issues on my PC when I play SWTOR, your argument is invalid.

MOPSFounder
11.13.2012 , 12:12 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Gerandar View Post
I dont have any frame rate loss, or memeory leaking issues on my PC when I play SWTOR, your argument is invalid.
Check Urael's signature (the post above your's) and who he quoted.

>Boom.

FeelFlow
11.13.2012 , 01:02 PM | #99
I haven't got a great machine - 2009 iMac with 256MB GFX - but it ran OK pre 1.4.

Post 1.4, the screen stutters and lags, constantly.

Bit fed up of it...