Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Price of Racial Unlocks

JacenHallis
11.13.2012 , 01:31 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Ummmm...Before we were told about them being unlockables as a Legacy Reward, we were told the only way to unlock them was to level one to 50. Nice try, slick.
How do you think you unlock them via Legacy, if not by leveling a character to 50 ... slick?
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Wraiven
11.13.2012 , 01:43 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
How do you think you unlock them via Legacy, if not by leveling a character to 50 ... slick?
You can buy them with Credits....Einstein.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

JacenHallis
11.13.2012 , 01:45 AM | #33
You can buy them with Credits....Einstein.
Much easier to just level to 50. I have better things to spend my hard-earned credits on.

Still, my original point still stands. You made the choice to do something that you hated. That was your choice, and no one forced you to do it. Why are more options so bad? I've unlocked a few species by leveling to 50. I don't begrudge people who want to buy them.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Wraiven
11.13.2012 , 01:48 AM | #34
Much easier to just level to 50.
Isn't that what I first said? My complaint was that I had to level one to 50 to unlock a particular species as a class I hated. After I went through all that trouble, they decide to let people buy them instead with Credits. Now people can buy them for 600CC's. And now people are complaining that they have to pay 600CC's for the unlocks.

My point was...and still is...they are getting off lucky and should not complain. It sucks when you work hard for something, then later that same something you have worked hard for, is practically given away to others.
-FIGHT-

JacenHallis
11.13.2012 , 01:52 AM | #35
then later that same something you have worked hard for, is practically given away to others.
That's the curse of the early adopter. It's simply a fact of life. Things get cheaper/easier over time.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Wraiven
11.13.2012 , 01:57 AM | #36
That's the curse of the early adopter. It's simply a fact of life. Things get cheaper/easier over time.
Which means the people crying about 600 CC's...need to be happy that got it for *that* cheap.
-FIGHT-

JacenHallis
11.13.2012 , 01:59 AM | #37
Which means the people crying about 600 CC's...need to be happy that got it for *that* cheap.
I'm with you there. Like I said above, I was expecting more in the $10 range. I think 600 is fine.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

MadBlue
11.13.2012 , 06:36 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
If they are impatient... then they can buy an unlock.

If they are patient.. they will focus on the preferred race and level it up. Everyone complains it's too easy to level to 50 in this game..so I don't see the problem.
The race unlocks at 50 are rewards for people who already have characters at, or near, 50. They're not incentives to level a new character from 1-50 for the sole purpose of unlocking the race for another character. That's why you can buy them.

foxxecho
11.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #39
I'm going to buy a species unlock today that I've been eyeballing just to avoid the temptation of using CCs on it. I'm thinking I'd rather use the coins on other things.

I wanted to save all my credits to splurge on new stuff from the market (that people will no doubt be selling) but I just quickly grinded out an additional 1.5mil over the last few days to supplement the cost.

My initial thought was that I'd use my free subscriber coins to unlock the species. But even at the "lower" price it seemed silly to me to use them on something I could get with just a minimal effort doing dailys n junk.

But I've always been one to freely spend the money I amass in MMOs anyway. So the 1.5mil credit price tag doesn't intimidate me to much. I figure the heck with it, it's not real money, I have a few mil still if something comes along I want, and I'm frugal enough in RL.

AlixMV
11.13.2012 , 11:49 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ripster View Post
I don't know what the right price is, but I think this kind of unlock should be account wide. As it seems to be now, being tied to the Legacy of the character that uses the unlock, it would only be for the server that Legacy is on (unless Legacy become an account wide thing).
There's a conversation about this in another thread, but I'm pretty sure the unlock is account-wide and not bound to a specific server/Legacy.

IMO, that makes the higher price of the Cartel Coin unlock economically reasonable, because it would be working across any server you might play on and not on a single server as the Legacy unlock using credits would be restricted by.

Quote: Originally Posted by DjJazz View Post
One thing I'd like to know is that I heard from some testers that you can change the species of a character you already have, as well as cosmetics and such.
I've been playing on the PTS and keeping up on the forum, and I don't recall seeing anything like this in 1.5, sorry. It's a big 'wish' item for a lot of people to get something like a barber shop, but I don't see it mentioned in the 1.5 patch notes.

Quote: Originally Posted by loud_skies View Post
[P.S, Miraluka Inquisitor when F2P Rolls out. c:]
Did that (through leveling to 50 as a JK), love it. :3
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris