Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Idea] Double Bladed lightsaber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Idea] Double Bladed lightsaber

KcirSirrah
11.02.2012 , 11:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by myolinyr View Post
This is ridiculous. The double-bladed saber has attacks specifically linked to it, as do the marauder and sentinel have attacks specifically linked to the fact that they will be double wielding. Not only do they lose the better attacks but they won't get any to replace them. Unless BW would effectively ruin the classes by mixing and matching attacks which, I don't see happening to be honest.
How would it mess up the marauder and sentinel attacks. they both use two lightsabers which is essentially a non connected double-bladed saber. So why not allow the marauders and the sentinels the oportunity to switch between using 2 sabers or using one double saber
Charcters lvl 50-55: Clectama (55 Oper.) Purpledeath (55 Merc.), Jystri (55 Sorc), Encumer (55 Com), Seventhhammer (55 Jug)

toyfanatic
11.02.2012 , 11:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KcirSirrah View Post
How would it mess up the marauder and sentinel attacks. they both use two lightsabers which is essentially a non connected double-bladed saber. So why not allow the marauders and the sentinels the oportunity to switch between using 2 sabers or using one double saber
Give a real good look at Kira's animations while she fights with a Twin blade and a single, yes the animations are the same. But it doesn't look right.

CBRGhostRider
11.02.2012 , 12:01 PM | #13
Juggs are modeled based on Vader, hence the single light saber, and heavy armor.
Assasins are modeled based on darth maul, hence the double bladed lightsaber, and the cool seethe animation.
Marauders are modeled based on asajj ventress with two sabers.
Sorcs are modeled based on palpatine, hence the emphasis on lightning spam.

IMO each class has access to the right weapon, and this makes each class feel unique.
Spoiler

Jagrattlehead
11.02.2012 , 12:24 PM | #14
I was kind of jealous, though, when I saw a Sith warrior NPC on Taris (I think) with a double bladed saber.

Xargyn
11.02.2012 , 05:13 PM | #15
This isn't the first time this idea has been presented. And it won't be the last. But I'm still against it. Warriors & Knights use single bladed sabers. Sometimes just one, sometimes two. But the single bladed sabers are the ones that I always associate with Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi or Darth Vader.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

Zaxem
11.02.2012 , 05:39 PM | #16
i wouldn't be against the idea but what i think they should do instead is make a warrior type of class that uses dbble saber and is mostly only melee attacks so we get a new story and the option to be a dbble bladed melee heavy class to make everyone happy:P
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Arlanon
11.13.2012 , 05:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Acharial
This can easily be solved with the scaling of abillties changing when you equip a double bladed lightsaber though. It shouldn't be that hard to manage.
This can easily be solved by rolling an Assassin. It shouldn't be that hard to manage.

Zaxem
11.13.2012 , 06:36 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
This can easily be solved by rolling an Assassin. It shouldn't be that hard to manage.
yes it would but i believe his point was he wanted a class or w/e that uses dbble bladed sabers that are melee heavy yes i know assassins are melee but they are more like 50% melee and 50% force when it comes to attacks and animations at least if you are madness or deception never played a tank sin
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder