Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

smuggler story is bad

simplius
11.12.2012 , 02:44 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by RDeanOU View Post
1. A flashpoint and the fleet =/= a planet.

2. You absolutely can do something about losing your ship. You chase the jerk down and reclaim it. I'm not sure what else you expect to do about it.

3. Your story ideas are terrible.

4. The writers of this game did an exponentially better job coming up with ideas for the smuggler than you.

5. No one in this thread agrees with pretty much anything you've said.

6. The fact that #5 is true ought to tell you something.
this thread is mostly occupied by fanbois,,about 10% of playerbase,,some of them even believe this

game is still doing fine,,,and if the smuggler story is so great, WHY ARE SO FEW PEOPLE PLAYING IT?

my ideas may not be great,,im not a writer,,but the story isnt either,and i have the numbers to prove that:

its called DROPPING SUB NUMBERS

simplius
11.12.2012 , 03:07 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by CharagonIGN View Post
This is a stupid complaint.

Having your ship stolen and getting it back was the perfect way to do it.
it it was the perfect way,,why dont hey use it more often then?

no, this kind of mission is very rare,,specially at the start of a game

and the reasons for this, is pretty clear to those , who know something about games

Malkosis
11.12.2012 , 04:12 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post
this thread is mostly occupied by fanbois,,about 10% of playerbase,,some of them even believe this

game is still doing fine,,,and if the smuggler story is so great, WHY ARE SO FEW PEOPLE PLAYING IT?

my ideas may not be great,,im not a writer,,but the story isnt either,and i have the numbers to prove that:

71% of all statistics are made up on the spot

You have numbers to show us the smuggler is the least played class? And a poll that shows us that the majority of players are not playing the smuggler because they don't enjoy the class story? No? Then S T F U

The number of pirates in the world has been in decline while global temperatures are on the increase. You are confusing cause and effect relationships. Show me the numbers that prove the poor (in your opinion) smuggler storyline is causing a significant number of players to cancel their subscriptions.

My troll-o-meter is reading "Danger!" with this one.

Narien
11.12.2012 , 04:15 PM | #44

Following that logic, LoL must have the greatest story ever written.

Narien
11.12.2012 , 04:16 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkosis View Post
You have numbers to show us the smuggler is the least played class? And a poll that shows us that the majority of players are not playing the smuggler because they don't enjoy the class story? No? Then S T F U
To be fair, back at the Guild Summit they did reveal class breakdowns, and Smuggler was at the bottom of the pile. Though I chalk the OP getting that right more to coincidence than actual research.

GymQuirk
11.12.2012 , 05:42 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Narien View Post
To be fair, back at the Guild Summit they did reveal class breakdowns, and Smuggler was at the bottom of the pile. Though I chalk the OP getting that right more to coincidence than actual research.
IIRC, Scoundrel/Operative DPS builds were the first AC to get repeatedly pummeled by the nerfbat out of the gate. Add the perceived complexity of the cover system, and heavy demographic lean toward Imperials game-wide and it's not exactly surprising that Smugglers fell to the bottom of the population graph.

I also note that the Agent was the least-played on the Imperial side despite it being widely regarded as having the best story of all 8 classes.

And the most popular at the time? Sith Sorceror, despite several threads putting the Inquisitor story near the bottom of the list.
As if I have anything worth putting in a signature...

RDeanOU
11.12.2012 , 08:04 PM | #47

Correlation =/= causation. 95 % of all deathrow inmates have eaten pickles so pickles must cause murderous behavior, right?

There is absolutely no evidence that declining sub numbers have anything whatsoever to do with the playerbase being dissatisfied with the Smuggler storyline. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that is the most absurd and completely foolish theory I have ever heard for why sub numbers are declining. You are suggesting that all of these people are unsubbing from the game not because of game mechanics, lack of end game content, continued performance problems/bugs, or any of the other numerous legitimate problems this game has. No, in your view the most rational explanation for the drop in sub numbers is because people were upset about a specific story choice early in the Smuggler's Act 1 story.

I'm just not sure you are serious at this point. If you aren't serious then +1 internetz for this performance. If you are serious...then wow....just....wow.

simplius
11.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #48
[QUOTE=RDeanOU;5399756]Correlation =/= causation. 95 % of all deathrow inmates have eaten pickles so pickles must cause murderous behavior, right?

There is absolutely no evidence that declining sub numbers have anything whatsoever to do with the playerbase being dissatisfied with the Smuggler storyline. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that is the most absurd and completely foolish theory I have ever heard for why sub numbers are declining. You are suggesting that all of these people are unsubbing from the game not because of game mechanics, lack of end game content, continued performance problems/bugs, or any of the other numerous legitimate problems this game has. No, in your view the most rational explanation for the drop in sub numbers is because people were upset about a specific story choice early in the Smuggler's Act 1 story.

I'm just not sure you are serious at this point. If you aren't serious then +1 internetz for this performance. If you are serious...then wow....just....wow.[/QUOTE

ur theory is ur own problem

yes i know theres is lots of other bad parts, who were more responsible for driving players away

and still i claim this,,if this is the perfect way to set up a mission,,we would see it a lot more

the reason, that it doesnt get so many complaints, is the fact , that it IS a rare form of mission

something "new and exciting",,yes,,but other than that it fails all logic

RDeanOU
11.12.2012 , 08:39 PM | #49
ur theory is ur own problem

yes i know theres is lots of other bad parts, who were more responsible for driving players away

and still i claim this,,if this is the perfect way to set up a mission,,we would see it a lot more

the reason, that it doesnt get so many complaints, is the fact , that it IS a rare form of mission

something "new and exciting",,yes,,but other than that it fails all logic
I'm actually struggling a little bit to make sense of this. Is English your first language?

Hyde_v
11.12.2012 , 09:19 PM | #50
Is the OP using some sort of addon for the forums that forces him to post in a "double-lined" format? It's very annoying.
"And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay too. I know engineers. They love to change things." -Dr. McCoy, ST:TMP