Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about the new level cap and story.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question about the new level cap and story.

Karkais
11.10.2012 , 05:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Arodin View Post
It's been mentioned all over the place. When the planet Makeb comes out the level cap will increase to 55.
Right, so sometime in 2015 then..
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Korusus
11.10.2012 , 06:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Arodin View Post
Hall also said that even within the big plot there are lots of little character moments, so that makes me hopeful at least. I just hope they do enough to make the "huge epic plot" still feel relevant to each character/class. It could end up being hours of questing that feels like a giant side-mission if the player's character and companions are mostly irrelevant to the story.
Yeah. I would immediately lose interest in the game and just not bother. All you have to do is play some alts through the planet story quests to get a good idea of what they mean by "Avengers style". And I'm sorry, that's just not good enough. If there were other things about the game that made it worth playing, then yeah maybe. But as it stands, the class stories are it (at least for me). If I want good MMO mechanics, I go elsewhere, to companies that quite frankly do it better. No one does class stories better than BioWare, they shouldn't lose focus on their strengths in an attempt to shore up their weaknesses.

I don't pretend to know how much SWTOR cost or how much of that budget was eaten up in the voice overs and writing (I suspect not nearly as much as most people assume). All I know is that's my line in the sand, and BioWare needs to be honest about it if that's not something they're going to continue to support.

Eightus
11.10.2012 , 09:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Korusus View Post
Yeah. I would immediately lose interest in the game and just not bother. All you have to do is play some alts through the planet story quests to get a good idea of what they mean by "Avengers style". And I'm sorry, that's just not good enough. If there were other things about the game that made it worth playing, then yeah maybe. But as it stands, the class stories are it (at least for me). If I want good MMO mechanics, I go elsewhere, to companies that quite frankly do it better. No one does class stories better than BioWare, they shouldn't lose focus on their strengths in an attempt to shore up their weaknesses.

I don't pretend to know how much SWTOR cost or how much of that budget was eaten up in the voice overs and writing (I suspect not nearly as much as most people assume). All I know is that's my line in the sand, and BioWare needs to be honest about it if that's not something they're going to continue to support.
^This.

AshlaBoga
11.10.2012 , 11:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Right, so sometime in 2015 then..
Confirmed for 2012. Read more, assume less.

P.S: “When you assume, you make an *** out of u and me.”
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Karkais
11.11.2012 , 05:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Confirmed for 2012. Read more, assume less.
I will buy you a corellian ale if the gap increase comes before the year is over. Regardless what they "confirm".
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Kaisernick
11.11.2012 , 05:30 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Korusus View Post

i have to agree i would hate for them to abandon the unique class story's in favor of a all rounded style i mean wow does that and i ended up only bothering to lvl one character with this game i have lvl 6 to 50 simply because i have enjoyed the class story's so much and if they gave up on that i would walk away.