Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc & Op. Which is better for Heals / DPS ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Merc & Op. Which is better for Heals / DPS ?

Ferkles
10.25.2012 , 12:02 PM | #11
Brute heals I believe the merc is better, but for a mobile healer, operative is the way to go. Been playing around with low level healers for both of them and I prefer operative healer, merc dps PVE wise.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~

Tobradex
10.26.2012 , 08:27 AM | #12
I currently play an Operative Healer and an Arsenal DPS Merc in PvE. Both raid HM TFB (4/5)

In my experience, both are viable at both DPS and heals. However, there is less of a learning curve and you can get better results with Mercenary DPS and Operative Heals in PvE.
Xibrom - 50 Operative Healer

Oculi 50 Mercenary

Satedbuffalo
10.26.2012 , 08:39 AM | #13
Both operative and mercenary are equally viable for PvP healing - the flavor of both is slightly different, as you'd pick up from playing them as DPS classes. The merc is less mobile, with all its instant heals on CDs, but benefits from some nice CDs and does very well when working with another healer. Operative has many, many escape tricks and are incredibly resilient.

Both are viable DPS in PvP (despite the PvP forums).

For DPS in PvE, operatives are at a significant disadvantage (backstab/hidden strike issues), but it's a surmountable one. I've seen operatives put up extremely good numbers in PvE - but it means another melee and one that relies on positioning for maximum dps - so you'll find raid leaders avoiding them. Mercs, now that they've been given an interrupt, are absolutely viable. Unfortunately, neither class have abilities that significantly benefit the rest of the raid (a la sniper shield, shatter shot, bloodthirst, armor debuffs, etc.).

For healing in Pve, both are viable.

Stenrik
10.27.2012 , 02:49 AM | #14
I'd go merc dps, operative heals.