Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

Stoofa
10.25.2012 , 04:38 AM | #21
Why is it that a crazy percentage of the player-base want this game to be a solo one? So you need to go into a PvP area to complete a quest (by the way, many companion quests already take you into such zones).
The fear - That there will be "griefers" there ruining the whole thing. So, to counter:

1. They cannot be there all the time. So find a time when they aren't there.
2. Even griefers get bored. Trust me, if the pre-mades in PvP eventually get bored of wiping the floor with pugs (which they do) the griefers will get bored of camping in Outlaw's Den
3. Find a team. Have a chat on the fleet and get numerous groups of 4 to go and complete that part of the quest together, for protection. Look at it as another "world event" just to do this part of the quest.
4. Don't do the quest. HK is not an integral part of the game and is there for those that do want "everything".
5. This isn't a single-player game. They have already "made the promise" that your story is something you can solo, which you can. HK is NOT part of your story and so you cannot solo it. Really need to get a grip, decide if you want it or not and if you do prepare to do a couple of things you may not have done before.

Darth_Rathus
10.25.2012 , 05:30 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by darh_halo View Post
C'mon OP have some flavor in your gaming life, after all you are going to get most deadliest assassin in the galaxy and one of requirements is to get assassinated first lawl
Pvpeens like you are exactly the kind of tools the OP is referring to. Thanks for showing up to justify his post.

ZORG
10.25.2012 , 05:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
That is actually an interesting thought. Assassination as requirement. It has a nice ring to it.

I do have flavor in my gaming life though. Remember my last paragraph says that I do PVP from time to time.

I just want to reiterate to everyone. My opinion on this is just based around having PVP as part of the Requirement for obtaining Companions. Even if it is just a possibility of a PVP Situation as a Requirement. Removing that one thing makes it a lot more appealing to more types of players. I just think it would be better all around to remove that one requirement. It just seems to me like a bad move to have it in a PVP Zone for something that is so widely wanted.

I can understand them wanting to make the Outlaw's Den more desirable, but they can do that in other ways other than using a Companion, something that is mostly used in PVE to begin with. For instance, they could just use really good gear that is for PVP as a better incentive for players to visit the Outlaw's Den. It does not even have to be just PVP gear. Any really good Gear would be better Incentive than a Companion. Heck they could have the more Top end Droid Parts drop as loot there. Say some Droid parts that are only for the HK-51. That would be better incentive than having the actual Requirements for Companions being there.

I do not want people to get the wrong impression of me. It is not that I do not like PVP, as I do like PVP. I am also not scared of PVP or getting killed by other players. After all I have PVP'ed from time to time. In fact I was in the Outlaw's Den the other day. I went through there to get that Datacron. It just seems like a bad idea to me to have something that is widely wanted by all types of Players, PVP and NON-PVP alike, have a requirement that makes one type of player be placed in a situation for something they do not really like to do. in this case PVP.

It is just how I feel.

It is good to see all of you post your views on this though. Even if we all do not agree. It makes for a better community and game if we all express our opinions freely. I hope to see more opinions on this.
I say they should have 2 ways to get this item(s) so the pvpers can goto Outlaws den and the antipvpers can go elsewhere.

Most but not all pvpers are starving so bad for world pvp that they WILL CAMP this vender count on it. But I say if they want open world pvp they should go play on a PVP server. Isnt that what they are for? PVErs play on PVE servers specificly cause they want to avoid PVP totally or want the CHOICE to pvp if they want. There should not be ANY open world PVP areas on PVE servers. If one wants to zone into an OPEN Instance where ONLY PVP activities are then so be it just dont mix any PVE content in there.

There are those who despise PVP with a passion and will unsub if you can believe that if required to play in a way that they dont like. HK-51 is PVE content. So PVPers cant claim being forced to PVE for it as you can only use companions in PVE. Being that the open areas are broken. Why would a full time PVPer even want HK-51? They will never use him. Unless they ALSO like to PVE.
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

bravotwentysev
10.25.2012 , 07:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
I got to say based on 21+ years of pvp in MMORPGs

Outlaws Den will be packed with greifer pk guilds the very day this goes live and anyone that doesnt accept that is lieing to themselves.

Its designs liek this PKers LIVE FOR

Now granted most of said PKers would prefer it be level 10s coming in as they are not about good fights and challenges. They simply want to ruin others enjoyment.

Personally will not matter to me as I already know what this will be like so will gather large group to go at once to protect each other.

But yeah, its a really lame design by EA and breaks yet another promise made by BW and EA before this game launched (was in the now gone FAQ but following what it said)

Question: Do I have to pvp or will I be able to play the game with out being forced into PVP
Answer : We do not beleive in forcing any play style on any players and will never force a player to partake in pvp for pve content

Thats a rough paraphrase but thats basically what it said

HK is clearly a PVE content add on and yet peopel are being forced to pvp to get this pve content!

Again, doesnt effect me in the least but lets not fool ourselves on this

This is yet another broken guarentee/promise by EA regarding TOR.

As for other poster QQing he cant get HK via PVP only.
Yeah, HK really going to help you in Warzones...oh wait no hes not
well he will help in Ilum...oh wait nope again

Ill never understand this desire to turn PVP into PVE by some people!
This hit it on the head. People and guilds will flock at the chance to grief players which is going to cause a massive storm of CS tickets. All you PVP players may not admit it now but you'll be their killing people that are not prepped or have never PVP'ed in this game. Than the one ego Epeen PVP geek who will sit their for days just plucking people for his enjoyment.

You all know this will happen and when enough moaning happens from the PVE players it will get moved. Otherwise the mass flood of CS tickets will keep flowing in till they get tired of it.
Jundra Nemaim Pestilence
2 account Subscriber To bad so sad F2P whinners

MelodicSixNine
10.25.2012 , 08:01 AM | #25
Whoa I didn't know you have to go there. It's awesome idea! Now BW just add some small daily/weekly reward for kills and it will be glorious
OP you can always gather up people in the fleet for ops and go together. People will always be up for some PvP and to complete the HK quest if there will be daily/weekly in place too. After all you have to go to that scary and awful place just once.

Eillack
10.25.2012 , 08:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
didnt even know there was a pvp requirement.

THIS IS AWESOME

Maybe breathe a little life back into the world pvp area there. Be nice to see WHAAAA lvl 50 camping me! in chat again, then people ganging up to kill him WEEE.
^ People like this are the reason why the OP made this thread.

I agree with the OP, this should not have been forced on people; there will most likely be griefers camping the vendor...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

FeralPug
10.25.2012 , 08:08 AM | #27
Come on guys. It's a game. No one will control TOD for long anyway, and there will be plenty of opportunity for those who loathe PVP to sneak in there and get what they need.

As for The Ebon Hawk, a few of us are going to use this opportunity to pull the whole community together in a massive RP-PVP event. I think it could be awesome.

This is really a cool aspect of the HK-51 quest. Here's to hoping it goes live with this requirement in it!
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Eillack
10.25.2012 , 08:11 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
Come on guys. It's a game. No one will control TOD for long anyway, and there will be plenty of opportunity for those who loathe PVP to sneak in there and get what they need.

As for The Ebon Hawk, a few of us are going to use this opportunity to pull the whole community together in a massive RP-PVP event. I think it could be awesome.

This is really a cool aspect of the HK-51 quest. Here's to hoping it goes live with this requirement in it!
What about those who just want to go to the vendor and go?

I have an alt on Ebon Hawk, but in general, for instances like this I normally just skip the RP and just get on with the task that I have. Not saying what you are doing is wrong, it's just that won't people get pulled into it? AoE'n the vendor and so forth.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

Brat-a-tat-
10.25.2012 , 08:17 AM | #29
Does anyone remember the WB during the rakghoul event?
And yes you had to kill the wb to get the title lol
I am on a pve server by the way, we would group up in 24 man groups go in there and grief the Pubs until they gave up and then we would kill the boss. If our group wasn't big enough they would come back and do the same to us. I was out there everyday it was awesome.

I expect this to be the same, Large groups made up to go grab the item while groups are camping to grief.
Yes you will probably need to grab some friends or guildies to go out there with you but it will not break the quest line imo .

I bet most of the complaining will be from people killing the vendor so no one can get the item more so then killing the other players.

Mowermanx
10.25.2012 , 08:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
As an avid PvP and as someone who has as much right to get a companion as everyone else - why should I be FORCED to take part in PvE content to get this new content?
I'm geared for PvP, so why should I be griefed by the literally "loads" of creatures in the heroic instances that I am being FORCED to complete to get HK-51
It's simply not fair. I come here to PvP, I should not be forced to become cannon-fodder for creatures and monsters whoa re griefing me in a heroic zone. I will not stand for it!!!!
This could be the last straw!
You going to take HK to warzones?... naa... maybe you will take him to ilum?
Oh, thats right, HK is a PVE item....