Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull
10.24.2012 , 11:20 PM | #1
I want to get the communities thoughts on this here in the General Discussion section of the forums.

Currently one of the requirements for the HK-51 is to go into a PVP Zone. A Free-For-All PVP Zone at that. The Outlaw's Den. The requirement is that you go there to a vendor and purchase one or two items needed for the HK-51 quest. The vendor is the Collector Kezzit. In doing so you are putting yourself in a Free-For-All PVP situation.

My thoughts on this are as follows:
First I am all for the HK-51 being hard to get.
But...
I personally do not like this PVP Requirement. I think they should move the Collector Kezzit to a different location. One that is not a PVP Zone. Maybe the Dune Sea. It seems relatively empty in many areas and is not to far away. My reasoning for suggesting this is that for the players that do not like PVP. If they want the HK-51 they will have to subject themselves to a PVP Situation. What BioWare is doing here is Forcing the players to choose between putting themselves in a PVP Situation or not getting the HK-51. In my opinion that sort of Alienates the Non-PVP Player Base and is wrong. Many players have been wanting and waiting for the HK-51. Many of which are Non-PVP players.
My question to (BioWare) is why should the players have to put themselves in a PVP Situation in order to get this Companion?
Another issue I see is that it sets up a situation for possible Griefing which is pretty self explanatory base on the situation that is set up. I can just see this being a problem from time to time. The possibility will always be there if they leave this setup this way for when the HK-51 quest goes live.

For a PVP Server it does not really matter where the Collector Kezzit vendor is located as you are always Flagged PVP. Unless you just do not like Free-For-All PVP. So this issue is mainly for Non-PVP servers.

Anyways...

I am curious to see how many players like this PVP Requirement for the HK-51 or were even aware of it?

I have suggested that the Collector Kezzit be moved in the PTS Section but I wanted to get the thoughts of the community here in the General Discussion section as it is used by a lot more people for whom I would like to see there thoughts on the subject. I know there will be those that like the PVP Requirement and those that do not. I respect and welcome all thoughts and opinions on the subject. It is why I am bringing it up. I am just curious as to what these thoughts and opinions are and how many people are for or against the PVP Requirement.

One last thing for those that are wondering. I do not mind PVP. PVP is a needed feature in MMO's and I have even PVP'ed myself from time to time. I just have an opinion that this one Companion (or any future companion for that matter) should not require a player to put themselves in a PVP Situation in order to obtain it or them. I think they should leaves such requirements to other items. Mainly ones that deal with PVP.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

ShatteredVision
10.24.2012 , 11:23 PM | #2
You mean like the way they make pvpers PvE to get him?
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

Darth-Malice
10.24.2012 , 11:25 PM | #3
Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible. This happened before on PVP servers when you did the Rakghoul Event in the dunesea. Now your making it so non pvpers can get trolled.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Stenrik
10.24.2012 , 11:26 PM | #4
So you don't mind world PVP, but you're making this thread on behalf of the people who hate it so much they don't want to set foot in one area for a brief amount of time, for a one-time quest?
How could anyone really be that much averse to something?

(I'm guessing this is a way of plugging the outlaw's den to the people who either ignored it or didn't know it existed. I think it's pretty clear that they expected everyone to be using it at launch. The whole HK thing seems like an attempt to make people more well-rounded players.)

Henu
10.24.2012 , 11:27 PM | #5
Its not like your in there for long really... there are 3 venders and 2 of them are so easy to get too. you can walk in and walk out before anyone see's you.. and believe me, no one really goes into outlaws den these days...
Kripty / Snips

Foxinator
10.24.2012 , 11:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible.
I hope the parts are mailable..

spectreclees
10.24.2012 , 11:32 PM | #7
You mean I have the risk of dying from another player in a video game? I better not do this quest, let me go back to afking on the fleet waiting for my group finder queue.

Honestly, it's for one item that will take you at max 10 minutes to get if you get camped (which I REALLY doubt it will even take that if you are getting camped). Just do it and never worry about having to die again on your PvE server.

Chiltonium
10.24.2012 , 11:32 PM | #8
didnt even know there was a pvp requirement.

THIS IS AWESOME

Maybe breathe a little life back into the world pvp area there. Be nice to see WHAAAA lvl 50 camping me! in chat again, then people ganging up to kill him WEEE.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Cakellene
10.24.2012 , 11:40 PM | #9
I won't be doing quest if it goes live as is.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

darh_halo
10.24.2012 , 11:46 PM | #10
C'mon OP have some flavor in your gaming life, after all you are going to get most deadliest assassin in the galaxy and one of requirements is to get assassinated first lawl
<<Been Tanking Since Launch Date !>>
Server TOFN - Hybrid Build at heart
Immortal hybrid - DF hybrid - Mad Maul hybrid