Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

Exar_Xan
10.02.2012 , 08:32 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
It is broken for quite some time now, at least two months or so.
It is? Alright, well good then that it is not just me then. However I missed it in the opening post, thats why I said it

Andov
10.22.2012 , 08:23 PM | #122
I got the following granted through an in-game ticket:

Game Rules - Combat Ratings
Titles - Rakghoul's Bane
Tython - Terentatek - Besitary
Ord Mantell - Keldor - Species
Coruscant - Sullustan - Species
Nar Shaddaa - Gen'Dai - Species
Nar Shaddaa - Gundark - Bestiary
Nar Shaddaa - Slave Trading on Nar Shaddaa - Lore
Tatooine - History of Tatooine - Lore
Tatooine - Sand Rot - Lore (Jedi Consular only)
Alderann - Killik - Species
Alderaan - The Elysium - Locations
Alderaan - Bouris Ulgo - Persons of Note
Quesh - The Three Families - Lore
Hoth - Caught Between Two Foes - Lore
Hoth - The White Maw Pirates - Organizations
Hoth - The Chiss Ascendancy - Organizations
Hoth - Chiss - Species
Hoth - Ortolan - Species
Hoth - Talz - Species
Voss - Gormak - Species
Voss - Jokull - Persons of Note
Voss - Voss - Species
Corellia - The First Son - Persons of Note (Jedi Consular only)
Corellia - Drall - Species
Corellia - Selonian - Species
Ilum - Kath Hound - Bestiary
Ilum - Asharl Panther - Bestiary
Ilum - Bogwing - Bestiary

Hope that helps.

-Andov

Exar_Xan
10.23.2012 , 12:11 AM | #123
Sounds good Andov, but in which category did you reported this? I mean I did it also for 'The Invasion of Balmorra' and they were going to grant it to me, but they never did. When I send another ticket to them to remind them about it, they send me a standard 'we thank you for reporting a bug and we will solve it, but we don't reply otherwise to these messages'

Drudenfusz
10.30.2012 , 12:26 AM | #124
I never got any answer to ticked regarding the codex, they got just closed without a word.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Badgeking
11.16.2012 , 12:33 AM | #125
Any updates on the codex with this new major patch?

The reason I quit the game in the first place was the fact that it was impossible for me to finish the Codex. Played my starting zone area (and never got all the codex stuff after hours and hours of searching) and then headed to the other starting zone and found that I could not even get 50% of the codex entries. Kept playing but kept running into problems all over the place with the codex stuff. Finally quit playing at lvl 40.

One that really ticked me off was a datacron that could not be reached by players of a certain body size because the hole in the wall was too small! Something like that should be fixed asap when some players can do something and others can't.

After reading this thread, it looks like they are planning a fix for the codex. Has it happened it? That posts was a few months ago. Class/faction codex entries need to be all flagged so ONLY that class or side can even see it in the list of possible codex entries to find.

Planning on starting a new toon (and might even resub to get my bonus coins for things like the CE) but ONLY if most (hopefully all) the codex problems have been fixed. Why such a MAJOR system to the game for story and lore remained bugged (might still be) for so long is just insane and shows that Bioware really doesn't care too much about fixing things.

EHKodiak
11.28.2012 , 07:22 AM | #126
This is a pet hate for me too... Please fix them soon Bioware, I'd like something to do in between Ops, PVP and FPs. Even if it's just planet by planet on each successive patch, that'd be fine too, as a long as it gets done.

For future codex goodness, it would be nice if there was a carrot attached to it all, such as increased +1 base state per completed section of a Planet with all codex found, but that's just a pipe dream :P

Cretu
11.29.2012 , 10:12 PM | #127
Filed a ticket and received the following entries

Game Rules - Item Modification / Combat Ratings

Species - Kel Dor / Mon Calamari / Sullustan / Gen Dai / Killik

As for the other missing ones they would not grant them.... the reason.... they are in the process of 'fixing' the codex. Please, please remember to fix the codex entries so people who have already done the content can go back and get them or automatically reward them.

Exar_Xan
11.30.2012 , 01:08 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretu View Post
Filed a ticket and received the following entries

Game Rules - Item Modification / Combat Ratings

Species - Kel Dor / Mon Calamari / Sullustan / Gen Dai / Killik

As for the other missing ones they would not grant them.... the reason.... they are in the process of 'fixing' the codex. Please, please remember to fix the codex entries so people who have already done the content can go back and get them or automatically reward them.
Where did you exactly filed it Cretu? I did it at the 2 logical places (Story bugs and general I believe) and they just gave me the standard: Thank you, we have noted it down and wont inform you otherwise of fixes message

Cretu
11.30.2012 , 07:42 AM | #129
I can't remember tbh.

TheIronMonkey
11.30.2012 , 04:45 PM | #130
From Bugs that I have filed, I know you get the email that bugs go directly to QA (I didn't think they had a QA Dept, go figure) and nothing happens (they close the case). I had a couple granted after filing under General or gameplay problem or something like that. One was for my ship entry on the IA (Imp side, I know, but we are taking mechanics here). Since most people get it when they get the ship, not getting it surprised me and seemed like an error, so I filed and got it in two days.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...