Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sneakycheeks
10.19.2012 , 02:06 PM | #1
Is any one else having lagging issues today? I started playing around 11am Texas time , and the game was running fine. But then about 30 minutes ago I got the red X on the screen where it shows you your connection to the server. Then I got kicked off. When I was finally able to log back in I still had the red X..and wasn't able to move. I've already checked my internet connection, and its running perfectly. So what's the deal with the sever lag?

Osoygatitalove
10.19.2012 , 02:47 PM | #2
having exactly the same issue, and im located in South America

Daimen
10.19.2012 , 02:48 PM | #3
Same here. I'm in Alabama. My internet connection is fine. I continuously pinged swtor.com and got 25% packet loss. I rebooted my machine and reset my cable modem and still have the issue. When I get in, it works for about 30 seconds then, I get the red X and it tells me I lost contact to the server. I have been playing all morning, it seemed to happen around 2:30 pm CST. I tried another server and got the same thing.

Anyone else having severe lag issues then disconnect.

Daimen
10.19.2012 , 02:52 PM | #4
Forgot to say, when I do first get in, I get like 52 ms. When the red X appears, it starts counting up like 11,000, 12,000, 13,000, usually gets to about 240,000 ms then bumps me out and back to the server select screen with the message unable to connect to the server.

Osoygatitalove
10.19.2012 , 02:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Daimen View Post
Forgot to say, when I do first get in, I get like 52 ms. When the red X appears, it starts counting up like 11,000, 12,000, 13,000, usually gets to about 240,000 ms then bumps me out and back to the server select screen with the message unable to connect to the server.
ya, same.

Nerfherd
10.19.2012 , 03:05 PM | #6
And here I thought the game would get better over time. I have been having lag problems since the last patch.

Daimen
10.19.2012 , 03:08 PM | #7
This started suddenly today. I had no problems since the last patch. Just today 10-19-2012 at about 2:30pm CST it just hit and I can't play.

I can just re-cancel my account if its not fixed, I just re-subscribed yesterday LOL.

Osoygatitalove
10.19.2012 , 03:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nerfherd View Post
And here I thought the game would get better over time. I have been having lag problems since the last patch.
are you having the same issue?

RaithHarth
10.19.2012 , 03:21 PM | #9
I'm also experiencing lag spikes/latency trouble since I logged in and it's definitely not on my end that's for sure.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Beesodd
10.19.2012 , 03:29 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

Thank you for the reports. Can you please post up your server, approximate location and ISP if you are having this problem?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.