Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

KurganNazzir
10.11.2012 , 03:10 PM | #11
What two people above said, HK-51 is for the KOTOR fans, of which I am not one but that doesn't mean I won't get HK-51. Also, people use different companions, that's the beauty of having choices. My Immortal Juggernaut uses Jaesa. My Arsenal Merc uses Mako the most but sometimes uses Torian. My Engineering Sniper uses Temple or Vector. My Tactics Vanguard uses either Jorgan or Vik. My Sentinel uses Lord Scourge (melee tank) but that's a personal preference because I really like Lord Scourge. My Infiltration Shadow uses Qyzen (melee tank) most often but I sometimes play with Nadia. My Marauder uses either Vette or Jaesa. My Lightning Inquisitor uses either Revel, Xalek, or Zavros depending on my mood, Revel and Xalek the most.

As you can see, my preference is usually for DPS but that's my personal preference. There is no right or wrong when it comes to the companions as long as you can complete whatever content you are doing. So while HK-51 may be 'pointless' to you, he won't be to everyone.

Drudenfusz
10.11.2012 , 03:15 PM | #12
getting him is new content that one can do, having him is for me its own reward, not sure if I will actually use him that much. Pointless? Maybe, but we are talking about a game here, so basically everything you do and have here is to a certain degree pointless.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

AlixMV
10.11.2012 , 03:33 PM | #13
He's also, from what I heard, going to get bonuses for most if not all crew missions and crafting (of course, I can't remember where I read that so, please, hearsay), which would be useful game mechanicwise for some of us, if nothing else.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

manchusabre
10.11.2012 , 03:38 PM | #14
Something to keep us subbed for one more month. If it wasn't Nar Shaddaa event, I would have unsubbed back then.

Blackavaar
10.11.2012 , 03:43 PM | #15
Remember, companions are not just about what they can do for you in combat. Sometimes people just like them because of their personalities and stories. I know that's why I pick my companions.

I'll take the increased challenge of working with a companion that doesn't perfectly compliment my advanced class if I think his/her personality is more fitting for the character I am playing.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Master-Nala
10.11.2012 , 05:29 PM | #16
He's there for you to have something to do. Raids are pointless, soloing is pointless, the only point of any of this is to have fun. If you don't have fun with the questing, then don't do the quest.

Rafaman
10.11.2012 , 05:47 PM | #17
It is not pointless for KOTOR fans. It is fluff however which is not a bad thing. I'm looking forward to plenty of "meat bag" related quips and voice overs. I'm grinning just thinking about it.

As for HK 51's class type. I really don't care. I've learned to play them all. I maxed out affection on all my companions and that included playing substantially with each one of them. They have their quirks. While some content is easier with a particular companion of a particular class, all content is doable no matter which companion you choose. That's assuming you have geared them properly, of course.

Andryah
10.11.2012 , 06:27 PM | #18
Hopefully, one of his unique combat skills will be:

Kill_Ship_Droid_Companion

along with

Blow_The_Parts_Out_The_Airlock.

Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

starnano
10.11.2012 , 06:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.
i agree for tough fights i use healers but imagine a robot that snipes people uses a flame thrower (if you ever did the foundry you probably get what i mean) and i be nice i they aded a healer aspect

Oyranos
10.11.2012 , 06:52 PM | #20
I would love something different than the robot... A list of 4 companions for all tastes to choose from and between.. 2 for republic and 2 for imperials, but only 1 ends up with... u? Thats a better content based "companion theme" for me ... instead to be forced have specifics as companions.

since we get a 7th companion though, it would be nice if the missions increase by 1 as well.. so overal 6 missions at the same time.

but I dont want to be very harsh with BIO on that... They impemented it good.. I mean, I always ask to do stuff and get my reward.. not to collect tokens!! so the missions with hk robot, to collect parts and activate it, is a really good idea.