Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Log in (stuck at character loading screen) 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to Log in (stuck at character loading screen) 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rystet
09.26.2012 , 12:07 PM | #1
Patch Installed fine last night after the server went down. I logged on Today and had been playing for a couple of hours. When exiting my ship I got stuck at the splash loading screen, After waiting for about 5 min I was forced to Alt+F4 out.

I have restarted the game and my computer multiple times, but I can not log back into that character. It just gets stuck at the loading screen. To make matters worse, I am unable to log into any other characters because I get the error message that I need to log out of my main character {The one that can't be logged into}.

EDIT: When I Alt+F4 out of the game I get a Run time Error..... R6025
< Catalyst >
Destroying End Game content since 2005.
Visit us at our Website

Beesodd
09.26.2012 , 12:12 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Rystet,

Please run the repair function on the launcher (click the cog icon after logging in). Then try to log in. If you are still unable to get in, try swapping to another sever. Make a throwaway character and see if you can log in, and then swap back to your main server and see if you can play.

If the issue persists, please clear your DiskCacheArena and try again. You can do so by going to the game directory, and the swtor folder within it. Find the file named above, and delete it. Then restart the game and try to access your character again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Rystet
09.26.2012 , 12:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Rystet,

Please run the repair function on the launcher (click the cog icon after logging in). Then try to log in. If you are still unable to get in, try swapping to another sever. Make a throwaway character and see if you can log in, and then swap back to your main server and see if you can play.

If the issue persists, please clear your DiskCacheArena and try again. You can do so by going to the game directory, and the swtor folder within it. Find the file named above, and delete it. Then restart the game and try to access your character again.

Thank you for the reply, but I am still unable to log in.

I ran repair.. still stuck at loading screen

I created a character on another server logged into it fine, then switched back... still stuck at loading screen

I Deleted the DiskCacheArena File, but I am still stuck at the loading screen.

Any other Suggestions? :-/
< Catalyst >
Visit us at our Website

SySteMic_TOR
09.26.2012 , 12:43 PM | #4
I second that.
Repaired, deleted file, still unable to log.
Sometime I get to the server selection screen, but only the pages for Europe and North America are available, and they are empty.

Rystet
09.26.2012 , 01:01 PM | #5
Update:

So apparently my main character was finally auto logged out. I went to log into one of my alts, and now he is stuck at the loading screen.

I am still unable to log into any characters because my alt is now "logged in" (stuck at loading screen)

We could really use some more help with this issue. Multiple people are locked out of the game.
< Catalyst >
Visit us at our Website

Talak_Khan
09.26.2012 , 01:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Rystet,

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I have tried all of the above to no avail. I've now missed out on my guild's first run at the new Ops because I am stuck on this stupid loading screen. Not impressed.

Rystet
09.26.2012 , 01:36 PM | #7
Soooooo......

After waiting and trying numerous times I actually was able to log in... I did nothing to fix it... It just worked.

I did one Warzone (blew it up, btw) and when Exiting the Warzone, I got stuck at the exact same spot on the splash screen.

I am now back at square one, stuck out of the game and unable to log in.
< Catalyst >
Visit us at our Website

SySteMic_TOR
09.26.2012 , 01:43 PM | #8
I do not even reach the char selection, I'm stuck at the first loading screen.

ReiKai
09.26.2012 , 01:58 PM | #9
I have made similar attempts to log into a certain character. It was after finishing a Flashpoint. I selected to return to my previous point, which was my ship. Once I tried to exit my ship, I was stuck at the loading screen. I closed and tried to login to that character several times to no avail. And I had found it odd that my location from the ship said "Kaon Under Siege", which was the FP I had completed.

I have attempted all of the suggested fixes save Char Transfer as that is currently offline and thus far none has worked.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Talak_Khan
09.26.2012 , 02:08 PM | #10
As this is now essentially an entire day that I have missed out on (daytime maintenance and now night time lack of being able to log in), I trust Bioware will be adding the extra day to my account...