Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

09.24.2012 , 12:26 PM | #1
I was just wondering if charavter transfer will ever be available again.

09.24.2012 , 06:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowco View Post
I was just wondering if charavter transfer will ever be available again.
I don't think we've ever really had a character transfer. Server mergers yes..but characters transfers?

And you aren't the only one waiting for it. Been waiting since February-March 2012 to transfers my toons over to another server. Even with all the server merges that have occurred, the two servers which have my toons on them have yet to merge.

It's one of the hot topics that has constantly been requested here. All we get is a "maybe".

I'm about ready to give it 2 more months before I unsubscribe due to lack of toon transfer.

09.24.2012 , 07:57 PM | #3
Really? I must have been misinformed then about a transfer that went on for like a day or something. I made a sith warrior on a different server than my smuggler, smuggler reaches the end of chapter 1 and i realize i want my warrior in my legacy. Wish they would just make it so that we can transfer at will.

09.26.2012 , 02:29 AM | #4
I agree guys, have spoken with the customer service about having my character moved from 1 server to another as they were not part of the initial transfer process. I still have what I would consider my main character now on the server that I really do not use anymore. It would be so much better if I was able to character transfer across to the server that I am on now so I can use the character again... Really frustrating. No more free character transfers.... Well no character transfer at all as you cannot pay to have them moved either.
Please make this one of the priorities moving forward to have the character transfer brought back. I think it is a major need of the game

09.26.2012 , 05:27 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please see my recent post on this topic here:

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

09.26.2012 , 08:32 AM | #6
Of course there will be a character transfer option in the future. You will have to pay for it though, just to undo the mashing up of your existing Legacies you had on two different servers. That is Money Grabbing 101.

10.09.2012 , 01:37 AM | #7
No doubt there will be one in the future, however the future is a fairly big timeframe.... When can we expect an update to come through allowing character transfers, even if there is a fee applicable. The number of servers has been reduced now which should allow an easier transition between them. Having this feature re-applied to the game only in an improved fashion can only improve gameplay & satisfaction of the players. Time-line for the game update allowing this would be????

10.09.2012 , 05:52 AM | #8
It will happen in the near future, 2013,2014, or when someone else makes another version of this game? Waited patiently for almost a whole year now and still get the same ol answer. Check the forums, keep checking the forums, post on the forums, and lets not forget about the generic responses we get when we do post on the forums or when we send a ticket or even call CS. Cant tell me you can't trasfer, you had all of our toons on the test server before the 2nd merge. This game has never been about the players at all. "We will Transfer your chracters to a destination server, we dont care if you have toons spread out and want to have them all together....its our F-ing game. We do what we want". Thats about sums it up right there.

10.10.2012 , 01:12 AM | #9
bump to keep goin, maybe get a reply one year

10.12.2012 , 09:34 PM | #10
Yeah costumer service will just tell you maybe in the future, they should come out with it much sooner though considering they obviously have the ability to do so theyve already done it, and as for the admin that posted we already friggin know that it "may be available for a fee in the future" thats what we are complaining about, just set the fee and make it available now we pay for an experiece and I dont know about other people but i will not continue to play a game even if i like it if there is poor costumer service.