Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoiler* Who did you choose? (Trooper)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
*Spoiler* Who did you choose? (Trooper)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ayslinn_Iduviel
09.26.2012 , 05:11 AM | #61
Jorgan, it seemed right for some reasons:

- He's the type that "get things done", no matter what, regulations can go to hell
- He has more field experience
- I was romantically involved with Dorne, so no point to favor her with an open promotion: it felt wrong to do that; also she was relatively a new joiner of the squad, former imperial, so a lot of external observers could have think bad about it
- He was unjustly degraded for the mistake of others on Ord Mantell and i've got his post and his role thanks to that: the least i could do was to restore his previous rank
- Last but not least, putting two humans (me and Elara) at the command of a multi-specie team dosn't look nice to represent Republic ideals

NwahsNirom
06.29.2013 , 10:05 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Serris_Kell View Post
If the story followed what happens in real life at all, both the Player Character and Jorgen/Dorne would have their careers destroyed and be stripped of command, and quite possibly be booted from the Army, for having a romantic relationship at all. Jorgen is a subordinate officer so fraternizing with him would be a career killer. Dorne is even worse, being enlisted and under the Trooper's command, since then theres the specter of the possibility that the Trooper was abusing his command authority to get in her pants. In Dorne's case, she might be able escape getting a dishonorable discharge, but only if she were willing to throw the Trooper under the bus to saver her own ***.

Even worse still is that it's Wartime. So there will be very little chance that anyone would escape unscathed. At best, both the Trooper and the LI would be separated and sent to different units after getting busted. Units far enough apart that interaction would be impossible outside of scheduled leave time. Oh, and both could kiss any hope of advancement or promotion goodbye.

The surviving Havoc officer wouldn't even miss out on the *hitstorm, as he or she would have no ground to stand on to plead ignorance. They might retain command of Havoc after the Trooper and his/her LI are hammered, but it's not likely. Dorne could probably field a case that as enlisted personnel, she was nervous about outing a command officer she was assigned to. Doing so would probably save her career and keep her on as Havoc's new CO. Jorgen would be screwed over hard, as this situation would be the second time an egregious violation of Military Law happened on his watch. Even if he remained part of the Army, he'd be branded both incompetent and a troublemaker and his career would effectively be over.

TLDR: Romancing Elara or Jorgen is fun and cute, but were it to happen in a real military unit it would destroy Havoc Squad completely. Best not to measure it next to real life. :P
Hear hear! So far, Bioware shows that they really like putting people in position for fraternization. Commander Shephard gets romance options with a subbordinate enlisted person, The Jedi Knight story romances his Padawan for gosh sakes (I forget, maybe she is no longer a Padawan by the time you can romance her, so maybe it's not so bad), and the Trooper story is definitly that.

One thing I noticed, on Taris, is that the Trooper calls Elara an officer for some reason. Maybe Sergeant First Class is an "officer" rank in the Star Wars military?
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild

SithKoriandr
06.29.2013 , 04:19 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by NwahsNirom View Post
Hear hear! So far, Bioware shows that they really like putting people in position for fraternization. Commander Shephard gets romance options with a subbordinate enlisted person, The Jedi Knight story romances his Padawan for gosh sakes (I forget, maybe she is no longer a Padawan by the time you can romance her, so maybe it's not so bad), and the Trooper story is definitly that.

One thing I noticed, on Taris, is that the Trooper calls Elara an officer for some reason. Maybe Sergeant First Class is an "officer" rank in the Star Wars military?
Kira and the JK are Padawans at the same time and basically the same age. JK just gets promoted to Jedi sooner and they say take her as your padawan, but it's really more of a partnership. At least, the partnership is how it plays out with a female JK, maybe it comes off as more "I'm training you to be a Jedi" with the male JK?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Highborne
06.30.2013 , 08:32 AM | #64
I chose Elara - being a healspec Commando, I ran around with Jorgan and left her behind to deal with the paperwork. I figured that that was the best place to put the XO of Havoc Squad - give her some weight to throw around on requisitions etc.

Highborne
06.30.2013 , 08:33 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Kira and the JK are Padawans at the same time and basically the same age. JK just gets promoted to Jedi sooner and they say take her as your padawan, but it's really more of a partnership. At least, the partnership is how it plays out with a female JK, maybe it comes off as more "I'm training you to be a Jedi" with the male JK?
More of "want to sleep with you" if it's M!JK. If you don't take the romance path, it seems to be about the same as F!JK.

PaladinSoul
01.03.2014 , 04:06 PM | #66
I personally did not care about the romance.

Jorgan deserves it. He's more experienced. Dorne is a junior and yet unproven. She's all about the book. She needs to gain experience.

Elara is my main companion (I'm a tank, she's a healer). I'll let Jorgan in charge of the ship and my squadmates while I'm gone.

LanceCorporalDan
01.03.2014 , 04:55 PM | #67
Dorne.

I just never liked Jorgan is all. So I left him in the dust to learn how to follow before he learns to lead.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

FabulousDoctor
01.03.2014 , 05:06 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by NwahsNirom View Post

Well, an important thing to note is that a majority of military forces did not have rules about fraternization in the least, and it's made clear that the Republic has bureaucratic ways to go about courting someone under your command. If you romance Temple as an Imperial Agent, she mentions that they'll probably have to keep it a secret, since Imperial Intelligence would likely seperate and/or kill one of them.

Also, Kira is pretty much your equal, you just are THE CHOSEN ONE. From what I remember, she's actually a little older than you - you just are the strongest Jedi to come out of training in a long time, and get promoted fast.

Nadia, however, is a super creepy romance, because she officially is your Padawan and actually acts like it - you actually have the duty of teaching her how to do things, and a male Consular uses that position to get in her robes. Ick.

Edit: Also, I picked Dorne because Jorgan was complaining about her constantly, as well as complaining about his demotion, and generally wasn't portrayed in a way a leader should be (he was angry, whiny, he insulted people under his command, belittled everything when he had the rank to do so). Dorne was by the book, and promoting her was a big step towards showing that the Republic promotes efficiency and those who follow the rules, regardless of their heritage.

I was dating Jorgan and he actually pulls the 'but we're in a relationship!' card IIRC. That just proves he's unsuited to being promoted.

psandak
01.03.2014 , 05:22 PM | #69
I chose Elara for a few reasons:

- she's the companion I use the most, therefore she's my right-hand-person
- she a by-the-book soldier, so she keeps me in line - as a good XO should
- I liked her more

Path-x
01.04.2014 , 08:28 AM | #70
I chose Jorgan despite disliking him and cathar in general. I felt that's the choice Trooper would make.

Anyway I thought the entire idea of having an XO in a 5 person team is stupid.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.