Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Your post makes zero sense. Even if they're locked into renting servers out, why alienate large numbers of subscribers and reducing their revenue by forcing people to play on dead servers?

It's just a causal guessing man, "why so serious?!" . It's just fun to troll the forum when there nothing to do ingame.

Plus, "make sense"??? Does Bioware look like to you they are "make sense" on running this game so far? Does the DEV replied you to shut up and don't post /sign or /+1 instead of PR & ans. our question actually making sense??

Most of the time, fact exists not need to be make sense. Like politics. Now also running a MMO.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Chippy here! Excuse any errors as I'm using a mobile device!

Firstly thanks for the huge support from everyone and especially to the players from USA and Europe for supporting us although this doesnt affect them.

Can we please keep it civil, and keep the concerns coming!

Hello everyone! We thank you for taking the time to constructively express your concerns, but want to remind you that "bumping" and other posts that do not contribute to discussion (such as "/signed" and "+1") are not allowed. We encourage you to continue discussing the issues that are important to you, but ask that you avoid making posts that do not have content that can be discussed. Thank you!

At least they are watching this thread closely, les not breach the rules.

Secondly I am very disappointed with the following tweet

Joveth,

There are pages and pages of comments in this thread with zero response from an online community manager such as yourself. Someone sends you a 5 second tweet and you replied with the above. I have put a lot of thought and effort in this post and am disappointed there is still no official reply.

Joveth, perhaps you could contact me via my email address in my account details and discuss this matter further?

To the community

Remember Do not give up! keep e posts coming, email customer service, get on twitter, etc etc.

In my opinion we are not getting what we pay for, we are getting a sub standard product, and we are not getting the same gaming experience as the rest of the world. We have to keep our voices heard. Just because we are in a different part of the world we should not be ignored or treated like second rate customers.

Give us a fair go!

This is only the start, I will Continue the fight for the APAC and oceanic community.

thanks

Chippy

Server merge will make those players who unsubscribed come back for sure!! This is a win for BioWare/ EA! Not only, it will make us Oceanic players happy because of the healthy server population again, for you guys, BioWare will have more moolah because of the subscriptions!.. It's both a WIN-WIN for all of us. Edited by JcPogi

My last reply from customer service was that Oceanic servers wouldnt be getting 12 slots, only consolidated servers would (which i dont know if its true since customer service seems to give different answers/solutions to problems depending on who is replying).

I want to get some thoughts and discussion going on the following...

I have thought about what happened last maintenance period and the APAC servers being offline for so long and nothing new implemented yet the rest of the worlds paying customers benefited. My question is.

As an APAC member, did you feel you got your money's worth from your most recent subscription payment?

If the answer is no, I propose launching a complaint through http://www.econsumer.gov/english/. Anyone want to draft up a complaint??? My time is a little limited over the next few days.

Keep emotion out of it, keep it civil. Ask for a refund for your last subscription payment. Send the links to the official post from bioware where they admit making a mistake. Ask for an investigation, ask them as foreign consumers what we can do, ask them for advice, I'm sure they can help us out.

Anyone else got ideas how we can address poor customer service external to these forums?

I know I certainly felt ripped off due to the events from last week. I have spoken to some non gamers about this and they all agree.

APAC community, to put it bluntly we have been ripped off.

Edited by Cheezfriend

I have thought about what happened last maintenance period and the APAC servers being offline for so long and nothing new implemented yet the rest of the worlds paying customers benefited. My question is.

As an APAC member, did you feel you got your money's worth from your most recent subscription payment?

If the answer is no, I propose launching a complaint through http://www.econsumer.gov/english/. Anyone want to draft up a complaint??? My time is a little limited over the next few days.

Keep emotion out of it, keep it civil. Ask for a refund for your last subscription payment. Send the links to the official post from bioware where they admit making a mistake. Ask for an investigation, ask them as foreign consumers what we can do, ask them for advice, I'm sure they can help us out.

Anyone else got ideas how we can address poor customer service external to these forums?

I know I certainly felt ripped off due to the events from last week. I have spoken to some non gamers about this and they all agree.

Wow... look like we're taking of the gloves now :mad:

I decided to vote with my wallet. Even though I still enjoy the game, I don't see why any of us should be paying the same subscription without equal benefits. It may only be something as slight as 4 additional character slots, though it is the principle of the matter. As you said, it feels as though we are being ripped off.

I decided to vote with my wallet. Even though I still enjoy the game, I don't see why any of us should be paying the same subscription without equal benefits. It may only be something as slight as 4 additional character slots, though it is the principle of the matter. As you said, it feels as though we are being ripped off.

Well said, that's the point I am trying to make.

yes i think we need to merge all 3 oceanic servers, im on the PVE one and even though from hearing from other people that it may have higher population than the other 2 it is still bad, highest i have seen main republic fleet was about 120, some of the lower worlds may have 40 at peak, but the high lvl planets only seem to have max of 10-20, i haven't been able to find a group for anything properly, last group i formed myself took over an hour to get the people, usually at best i get 1 other person so we 2 man a 4 man herioc mission.

the majority does wantthis its only a select few that want to stay. please dont feel like you speak for the whole server

yes i am also the gav daragon player who are fine with either merg or free-transfer.

the pop in Gav daragon is too few for Flashpoint or PVP.I can t save up WZ com not because i get less cause i suck at pvp. i dont get ANY cause i can t find a pvp match!!

signed

Edited by banlungx

OK, I allready replied but apparently the Devs choose to DELETE my post.....

Anyways I will say it again,this:

Hello everyone! We thank you for taking the time to constructively express your concerns, but want to remind you that "bumping" and other posts that do not contribute to discussion (such as "/signed" and "+1") are not allowed. We encourage you to continue discussing the issues that are important to you, but ask that you avoid making posts that do not have content that can be discussed. Thank you!

made me unsub straight away, even tho I am from Europe, this disregard for your player base is beyond me. I quit your game because of this disregard and if you wish to, then I will say it againl:

This made me quit your game!

Edited by RealDice

I am a paid subscriber on Master D and I fully support this cause and thank Chippy for his great work in trying to get our population / server issues sorted out.

I have been quite displeased with the recent actions of the games developers in regards to this issue.

1) Our servers come down during prime time for 12 hours and we are simply forgotten

2) No communication from the devs

3) No communication via in game support (I submitted a ticket like the other user in this thread and received the same generic reply to the letter)

4) I found the reply from the forum admin to be quite rude

Now I have been a subscriber for a fair while and whilst I haven't double checked I estimate that I have spent around $300.00 AUD (give or take - most likely give) on SWTOR. Overall I think the game is worth it, but due to the nature of the product ongoing support and customer service is required. Whilst I have received good customer service for in game tickets I fell that where it counts, on the big issues like this the service has simply not been provided.

I love SWTOR, Ive always been a bit of a starwars geek. The community, my guild, the friends I have made are all on the line ......

Please, ...... Bioware, EA ...... Talk to us

Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Thank you Joveth. I look forward to a further update.

OK, I allready replied but apparently the Devs choose to DELETE my post.....

Anyways I will say it again,this:

made me unsub straight away, even tho I am from Europe, this disregard for your player base is beyond me. I quit your game because of this disregard and if you wish to, then I will say it againl:

This made me quit your game!

Ragequit much? That's honestly the silliest reason I've seen for unsubbing.

You mean the part where the devs do not listen to the people who play their game? You honoustly believed that the response about do not bump was a fair response to te OP? They could at least have said that they understood their concerns or something. No, just focus on not bumping...

I have played this game since day one, but their (Bioware, or what's left of it anyways) communication is slacking to say the least. And then respond to a post like this was the push over the edge for me.

So, TL;DR this is my first "rage" quit

You mean the part where the devs do not listen to the people who play their game? You honoustly believed that the response about do not bump was a fair response to te OP? They could at least have said that they understood their concerns or something. No, just focus on not bumping...

I have played this game since day one, but their (Bioware, or what's left of it anyways) communication is slacking to say the least. And then respond to a post like this was the push over the edge for me.

So, TL;DR this is my first "rage" quit

Not only did they delete my comment for support, I even got in trouble for it. :mad:

Yeah give me a million other warnings, doesn't matter.

I unsubbed yet again last night, until they address our concerns. This is the second time I decided to unsub in just a few months. This simply shows how much I really do enjoy the game, but the services for the APAC community lacks what every other EU and NA server receives, and is just so annoying I couldn't justify paying for the crap service.

Its relatively easy to hold on to the current fan base that are still subbed. We've seen the worse and still enjoy the game. Just show some equality and address us just the same as you do others, and you'll have my backing.

Edited by randalthorr

Thanks again.

Joveth

Thanks for this post, it's reassuring and a good start. The population issue is something that will make or break the APAC community. Many people have posted in here that many players will return once this issue is resolved and in my opinion that's the best outcome for all

I look forward to further updates!

Thanks again.

that's all we needed to know. Thank you Joveth

Thanks again.

Nice to see this post but with Biowares track record it's all talk and no action now can this be a change ? who really knows i doubt it lets give them till tuesday to give us what they gave everybody else.

That's not rage quitting, that's standing up for your fellow players when bullied by these "customer service" forum mods.

Also I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but they are actively deleting posts in this thread. I posted before giving feedback that I felt the customer service response wasn't at all suitable, expressed my thoughts on the dwindling population, and thanked OP for putting the time in to write this up for everyone. That post has since been deleted though. This is the pinnacle of bad service. It's no surprise at all I see people quitting over this. God knows I'm re-evaluating if I want to be part of this community any more.