Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4

-LightSaber
09.18.2012 , 03:53 PM | #1
Hello all! Here is Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4 from PTS.

I want to ask Bioware, if they are going to remake the animation inquisitor. It looks stupid. Post the "Agree", if you agree.

Blackavaar
09.18.2012 , 03:57 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by -LightSaber View Post
Hello all! Here is Force Wave and Overload new animation in 1.4 from PTS.
youtube.com/watch?v=idUINAEZoH8

I want to ask Bioware, if they are going to remake the animation inquisitor. It looks stupid. Post the "Agree", if you agree.
Your link is not a link.

And I agree. They should redo the animation to fit better with the instant effect. Something similar to the Consular version but maybe a single arm wave in an arc in front of him or something like that.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Voranis
09.18.2012 , 04:14 PM | #3
Doesn't look like they changed the Inquisitor animation at all.
Just looks like a new particle effect with the old anim.

Maybe they shortened it a bit, I thought the current one does a flip but that might lust be the cape/robe fluttering.

Really though, if you're going to do a new anim .. at least do it right.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

Mireleni
09.18.2012 , 04:25 PM | #4
The Inquisitor's Overload is a pretty ****** animation. But it does seem comical next to the Consular's new Force Wave: Like, dude, you can get the same effect for a LOT less work if you just put your arms out like this.
Revan: You just called me a meatbag again!
HK-47: Explanation: It's just that...you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea.
Revan: Neither do I, come to think of it...

Master-Nala
09.18.2012 , 04:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mireleni View Post
The Inquisitor's Overload is a pretty ****** animation. But it does seem comical next to the Consular's new Force Wave: Like, dude, you can get the same effect for a LOT less work if you just put your arms out like this.
ROFL

Never thought of it that way.

Mikeni
09.18.2012 , 05:34 PM | #6
Dat Sith flourish
• Chrondo [50] Jedi Sage • Coolie [27] Republic Commando - The Bastion - «RETIRED»
• Pretendo [32] Operative • Bomboclat [25] Mercenary - The Bastion - «ACTIVE»

• Ajunta Pall Refugee •

Xienive
09.19.2012 , 05:43 AM | #7
Wow, I actually really like the Consular animation. I think it looks great!

The Inquisitor animation...it isn't that it's bad, the problem is the wave and the sound don't match up with the jump. He hits the ground after everything happned and he flips too fast so it just looks cheezy. I think that animation would look better if instead of jumping maybe he just raised his fist and hit the ground with it all in sync together.

Or we could be really unique about it and just have him shoot an arc of lightning from his hand
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

justinpiet
09.19.2012 , 02:40 PM | #8
I think it should look more like this for the inquisitor. Kinda like the Mercenary I think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAIRb5zdOoU

AndalusRenegade
10.12.2012 , 01:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Wow, I actually really like the Consular animation. I think it looks great!

The Inquisitor animation...it isn't that it's bad, the problem is the wave and the sound don't match up with the jump. He hits the ground after everything happned and he flips too fast so it just looks cheezy. I think that animation would look better if instead of jumping maybe he just raised his fist and hit the ground with it all in sync together.

Or we could be really unique about it and just have him shoot an arc of lightning from his hand
^ totally agree, they don't match up. Every single time i use it i get confused. If they want to change it, do it right. It just looks now like it was thrown together

Darth_Delator
10.20.2012 , 07:26 PM | #10
Agree.Should be remaked. Consulars animation is more "sane"!