Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

PowerJediRanger
08.29.2012 , 07:11 AM | #191
Nice. Cant wait for it to come out.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

AdennBralor
08.29.2012 , 12:09 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
Double yay! I think Cathar is a great choice for a new playable species, and glad to see a thread about it here. ^^

I am super curious to see what options will be available for them too! If I can make one with a decent looking head of hair (I'm weird, I can't stand playing bald or near-bald characters, lol) I am totally making myself a kitty when they are released. Definitely saving a class/slot for one! And hopefully they will be unlockable through legacy too, like current species are.

Crossing my fingers for a lioness or snow leopard type of pelt! <3
I totally agree with you but I'm hoping for a jaguar or leopard pelt

Clan Bralor
Mandalorians all the way

HotStuff_SW
08.30.2012 , 05:45 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by AntarNyaus View Post
Actually you're thinking Trianii, which are similar to Cathar but larger with heavier fur and tails. They're not quite as large as the Togorians though.

Their first intentional appearance was in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith #1 in 1994. Myhr Rho in the 1979 Star Wars Holiday Special was retconned to being a Cathar in 2006.
I stand corrected! Thank you!

I guess my brain thought "Cat person, I remember those in Star's End!" and mixed up the two. My bad.

Panzerbat
08.31.2012 , 11:35 AM | #194
Cathar, Meh, cats.
Bring out the rodians already, I'd make a rodian hunter in a heartbeat. Imagine, stalking smuglers in warzones while quoting Greedo in your head.

Also I'm tired of all the near human species we have. We have the hulks scrawny siblings, blind people, zabraks and regular humans. Bring out the cool aliens.

Ayanka
09.09.2012 , 05:03 PM | #195
Are there any rumors when we'll get our cute Cathar? Right now I finished my last Imperial alt... and the only Republic class I'd like to play is the Jedi Knight. And as I happen to have a very, very old charakter from roleplaying, who was a Cathar Jedi... you got the point, I think As for rumors, I could only find 'this year', but maybe anyone found something more specific, like a month, or the season at last...
Wer in der Nacht in den verstaubten Winkeln seines Geistes träumt,
erwacht am Tag und findet nichts als Leere;
aber die Träumer des Tages sind gefährliche Menschen,
denn sie können ihren Traum mit offenen Augen spielen und ihn möglich machen.

DarthRamette
09.09.2012 , 05:04 PM | #196
Can someone tell my BW's reasoning, if there is any to be had, as to why Cathar are the next species. I have no use for them and it seems it was an arbitrary decision.

Wolfninjajedi
09.09.2012 , 05:17 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Can someone tell my BW's reasoning, if there is any to be had, as to why Cathar are the next species. I have no use for them and it seems it was an arbitrary decision.
Because people were complaining about the lack of options to choose from. Plus many people want to be one.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
09.09.2012 , 07:51 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Because people were complaining about the lack of options to choose from. Plus many people want to be one.
Kilrathi 4 LIFE!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

SilentKitty
09.10.2012 , 01:25 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Well, if you look at the post right above your post.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ayanka View Post
Are there any rumors when we'll get our cute Cathar? Right now I finished my last Imperial alt... and the only Republic class I'd like to play is the Jedi Knight. And as I happen to have a very, very old charakter from roleplaying, who was a Cathar Jedi... you got the point, I think As for rumors, I could only find 'this year', but maybe anyone found something more specific, like a month, or the season at last...
There are many players who really look forward to playing a Cathar, I'm one of them. Wish we could start playing them right now. Hope that the next new species is more to your liking =)

omega-alpha
09.10.2012 , 09:43 AM | #200

When will the Cathar be a playable race ??

Will the Cathar be a class or classes only race or will it be for all class from the time it is introduced ???